weird boards ??????

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donald236

ok heres the deal. i've recived about 15 of these . on one side there just like a normal circuit board there silicone based. (only unpopulated) on the other side there solid metal . they look to be heavly plated in goldon both sides. im thinking that there may be several ways to process these but what would be the best way :?: could they be processed in a AP process just like fingers :?:

well i guess nobody knows how to do this type of board . i dont have a cam good enough to take a picture but imagine if you will taking two boards one being metal (gold plated of course ) and the other one a regular circuit board (silicon mat) and then glueing them together to make one board . this is what i have . now the metal side is copper based .
thanks for any help
donald

Don,

They sound like more of the communication boards that are being circulated on ebay. Where did you get them?

If you got them on ebay you can post the auction number for the photo.

Steve

i could snap you guys a picture on my web cam but it wont pickup the color right but it will give you some idea of what im talking about . will this work for you?

Don,

As a quick test mix up a cup of AP. Place a small amount of the fresh AP on the gold back of the board to soak. After 5-10 minutes scrub the AP on the gold back with a toothbrush.

If they are the barely plated communication boards the gold will strip down to the copper in just a few minutes of scrubbing.

Steve

Back