What can I do with the leftovers, and I'm not talkin turkey.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smitty

What I'm refering to is the metal plate at the end of pc cards after the fingers have been clipped. I didn't want to throw metal into the landfill so I've decided to save it and sell to the recycling center. While removing the metal plates i've now got a lot of screws.

My understanding is that the screws are iron or stainless alloys of some kind right? Will the recycler be willing to buy the screws or am I going to be coming back with them in the trunk?

What pile should I throw the metal ends into? I noticed that a few of them are rusting so they must have iron in them.

Thanks in advance.

Smitty,

I save the card 'slot covers' and take them to the scrap metal salvage yard with my left over cases. They are scrap iron. The screws can go too.

Steve

I throw them all into a wastebasket and call it "scrap steel". If it sticks to a magnet, I do not bother segregating it further. I take it in with all my computer cases and other steel, and get about $0.05 per pound for it. It's not much, but there's no point in throwing away something that's easily recyclable. Besides, if you clip all of your copper wires and separate your aluminum, you will be going to the scrap yard anyway...

-junkelly

What do you do with the PCB with all the surface mount components and caps. I'm thinking about putting it in the trash.

Smitty,

There are buyers for the left over populated boards. I have found buyers that will pay upwards of 35 cents to 50 cents per pound for them in quantity lots. I'm even interested at times in large lots of boards which have been harvested of gold bearing items.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Smitty,

There are buyers for the left over populated boards. I have found buyers that will pay upwards of 35 cents to 50 cents per pound for them in quantity lots. I'm even interested at times in large lots of boards which have been harvested of gold bearing items.

Steve

This is an area of topic that has not really been chased so to say. Has anyone or does anyone have a source for selling these boards and if so have you sold them and what was the outcome or procedure for doing so?

Back