What do you think?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay is real good at hiding their customer problems from the people trading online. They want everyone to think that buying on ebay is great and safe, but its far from the truth because there too many people that use ebay to make a fast buck and have no qualms about falsely representing what they are offering. Thats why they have the dispute resolution. I'm convinced that the seller KNEW that the bracelet was silver and thats why he made it real clear that he would not accept any returns. He probably used an electronic tester and it came back as Platinium, so he use that as his reason for calling it platinium. The problem was that the buyer didn't know what he was buying!
BUYER BEWARE!!!

Dickb

eBay is a joke. I haven't used it to sell anything in years (too much hassle, crappy software, worse policies, etc.) I haven't even used it to buy anything in a long while. And I no longer even bother to look for stuff there anymore. As far as I'm concerned, eBay jumped the shark a long time ago and is only useful now for pointing out how a mass auction site should not be run.

Since I boycott eBay I can't claim to know how it is currently, but when I was using it actively it was pretty clear to me they would not take any serious action against their high volume sellers. I'll spare the gory details, but I once got screwed on a power supply from an electronics recycler in Texas. Talk about unscrupulous, unprincipled, and uncouth, but suffice it to say I went to war with these idiots and won (through PayPal, eBay proper as useless...as expected). And despite an obviously poor track record (1 in 10 feedbacks was negative) eBay would not shut them down because they obviously produced significant revenue for them--they had something like 20,000 transactions as of the time I bought from them. This is why eBay can't be taken seriously. For all their fluff and bluster about a safe marketplace, it's anything but, and eBay makes a farce out of that claim by their own (in)actions.

Well folks here's your answer!
Buyer
i,ve lost 81.08GBP with this transaction Buyer: vredinaaa ( 155) Oct-21-09 02:00
Huge 950 Platinum Bracelet Used Old No Scrap (#260472859916) US $2,125.09 View Item
Seller
A+++ Super Great Seller: jeeperjon ( 31) Oct-15-09 16:01
-- (#260472859916) -- View Item

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

I figured that the buyer would be the one thats left holding the empty bag.

dickb

it is funny that people who were cheated, got money back want others to step to the same trap by giving positive feedback. :evil:

Latest posts

Back