what does it mean?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

i tested an ar solution(free of iron-pre treatment with hcl) with stanous chloride crystals and the test liquid immediatelly becomes black and then turns green again--when i added the crystals,it became black,a reaction occured and then the solution became green again(original collor)

note :the solution(ar)was used to dissolve pd and au(more pd then gold)
thanks and regards for any coments
Arthur

It is hard to say...

Have you tried performing a test on a piece of filter paper or q-tip?
It is quite helful to spot the colors that forms upon reacting with the SnCl2 solution. Even better if you could take a picture of the test spot.

Moose 7802, i did not dnoxed---that why the black collor became rapidly green---------
thanks,i do this so many times that i should not forget--but i forgot
thanks and regards
Arthur

Sam,i used the filter paper test (without denoxing)---it gave a yellow collor in the middle and a brown collor around the yellow collor------the brown collor with wishfull eyes could have a pinkish shade--------
thanks and my best wishes
Arthur

does it looklike similar to this ? http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17668&p=178762&hilit=+disapear#p178762

Ericrim,yes there is similarity to the link that you passed to me----but is an acidic solution,and although i did not denox,in other tests that i did without denoxing (other times) it gave the same results(black then green) and then when denoxing it gaves au and pd
i ask the question because i did the test wth sncl2 crystals-----the other times i used a sncl2+hcl solution------------ni gives with sncl2 a pink -violate test collor,when present in an alkaline solution-never found in an acidic condition----
regards,
Arthur

Latest posts

Back