What is the best testing method to this material?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingedcloud

Hello,

It's been a while I dove into e-scrap precious metals refining and have been to able to recover some interesting amounts.
However, I have always questioned myself if it would be possible to recover and concentrate all the remaining metals that are in the boards after harvestingall those components to recover gold and other PM.
After some testing and time investement, I have succeded in concentrating the metals in the following pictures.

67305933_2262003707446340_5910992554081386496_n.jpg67201211_655273101605781_8936382682913308672_n.jpg

My question is this: what is the most suitable testing/assaying method to know the metallic composition of this concentrate?
I have read that there are some methods available, like cuppelation, atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS), optical emission spectrometry (OES) or even X-ray Fluorescence (XRF).
Can anyone point out what is the most suitable method from the ones above, or any other I did not mention?

Thanks in advance !

Winged.

Personally I would make a homogenised bar and have that assayed.

Cupellation would remove the copper content if my understanding is correct, and you wouldn't get an accurate breakdown of everything.

Typically, in high volume lab doing this (i.e. CCR/Sipi/Sabin/Xstrata) it would be wavelength dispersive XRF on a melt sample if homogenized, followed by scorification to remove Cu then cupellation/parting, then ICP finish.

That's the standard procedure, with proof correction and cupel absorption taken into account.

Best regards,

Back