Whats the best way to go about recovering this, silver stock pot.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the nitric is definitely a no go to process this material.

My yield from 250 gram test with nitric and 250 ml of nitric was 10, yes 10 grams. The strange green material left over came in at 232 grams.

What i suspect is happening is that there is so much copper, that the silver is cementing back out on the finely divided copper. Thats what im almost sure is the green material.

Im thinking the AP leach is probably going to be the best method, i need to get out as much copper as i can from this mix. Looks like ill be doing some more learning on this process.

Lino, why not silver chloride. I really don't work with silver chloride when i can avoid it

Well I just wanted to update.

Lino was 100% on point. Ap did the trick.

I processed 450 grams of the material in Ap. Just a couple of capfuls to 2 liters of hcl.

After 3 days of bubbling I was left with nothing but relatively clean cement silver. No white precipitation. No silver chloride.
I rinsed with clean hcl then water. And dried. This is probably good enough for the cell but I’m going to hit it with nitric in my next batch.

Final yield was 85 grams of silver from the 450g of material. I figured it was mostly copper as I’m pretty clean with my process.

I threw the remaining green slop in the Ap for a couple days so we will see what I’m left with.

Thank you all for your help as always.

Latest posts

Back