which process do you recommend for these?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessecapo

Have 15 lbs of these connectors/relays . Im stripping the pins and gold plated caps off the transistors. The pins are heavily plated I can flake it off with a knife. The inside of the pins is brass colored and they are non magnetic but for some reason the solder is magnetic? Was wondering recommendations on recovery method being as I know the solder will pose problems with nitric. Sulph Cell? AP ? being as the brass is copper. This is going to be my first attempt at recovery after reading the forum and literature for close to a year now. Thanks alot guys! ( by the way I feel like I know alot of you after reading so much on here but I am a complete stranger to all of you ) Regards, Jesse of Toronto.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB
I would send the lot through a dilute hcl bath to remove the solder and see what is actually there. Is there gold under the solder? If it is, some of the gold will show in the fine dust from dissolving the solder. Too, where the pins solder on, the gold plate would have wicked into the solder.

underneath the solder on the pcb is silver plate it seems. The only gold on these is on the pins and transister lids.

Alright thanks! I used the last of my HCL on 1 lb of fingers but I will be restocking this week. I will bathe them and show a picture of before and after.

Latest posts

Back