White's 5900 and 6000 coin master pro

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nountaineer

I have a problem separating the rich ore in my area from valid nuggets. Can I simply turn the sensitivity knob clockwise until I no longer hear the hits for the ore. I have one of each of these old detectors.

Coin Master detectors are generally used for coin, relic, jewelry, and other fairly larger pieces. Unless you have say +1 gram nuggets, more than likely, they will not get detected. I have used a Goldbug 2 to detect 1/2 gram nuggets, Au, at 4 - 6". Never tried it on Pgm's though. Maybe some other detectorists can chime in with their knowledge. I have an old 5000 also, which I checked over a known 1/2 G nugget, with no results. Perhaps an on line search can hook you up with a model that fits your needs. Even the best detectors will get confused if you are say trying to pick nuggets out of black sand concentrates, but you probably already knew that.

You have the wrong detectors for your needs. Goldshark gives a good overview of the limitations of White’s Coinmaster detectors.

Goldbug2 is much better for nuggets. My experience, however, is similar to Goldshark.

Before health issues forced me to adjust my activities, I found that Minelab detectors were, for most applications, far superior at locating small gold than anything from White’s of Fisher. They are far more expensive, however.

The smallest nugget I have ever found with the Minelab 5000 in heavily mineralized desert placers weighed in at 0.084 grams. In cleaner conditions, I have located nuggets as small as 0.072 grams. I understand Minelab has better detectors now, but I have no experience with them.

Time for more coffee.

Thank you. Are the older minelab detectors still around. I have lived in poverty for most of my adulthood so used is all I ever buy including clothing. Do you have those model numbers? Is the 5000 the only one?

You have access to the internet. Do a search for Minelab dealers. Easy. Used machines are available. I sold mine over 10 years ago, not long after the stroke.

Time for more coffee.

Back