wire

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlog Renim

HI..

Im Bruno.. from canada..

since cople day.. im looking to recycle on metal ( e-waste ) and my GF came to me with the container in the back of is work... she work in a litle tele communication place.. and they trash deco and wire.. so i ask her to ask the boss if i can go play in it..

he gave me the OK

so i just went about 1 hr ago to sneek and there was no deco (the recycle company cpme by 1 a week.. but they dont trash deco every day)..
BUT there was some wire.. like way to much of it to pack my toyota eche 5 door LOLOLOL

but this wire is almost big as penny !?

i would like to get some info on it... it say TEC-TX10... and what should i do.. leave it there no valuéé sell it like that... strip the wire to keep the copper ?

i have a soft plastic over a allu ? that allu is over a foam ? than in the mid of the foam i guess it copper ????

i did a picture...

Oh aslo.. what about the TV cable.. the one that god a shiel a foil wraping ?? leave or pick ?

(sorry for bad english.. im french :p)

sam2053g.jpg

well the picture one no... the pipcture one i dont know what it is ?

the other wire i was talking about is RG11... is RG11 go to recuperate to ?

ok.. so here what i got..

they called TX10 communication cable...

the wire is Jacketed Burial... and the midle wire is : Copper-Clad Aluminum

so is copper-clad alu have a good price ?

Dlog Renim said:
ok.. so here what i got..

they called TX10 communication cable...

the wire is Jacketed Burial... and the midle wire is : Copper-Clad Aluminum

so is copper-clad alu have a good price ?

7 to 10 cents a pound in the US, for the scrap category of "coax", for which some dealers will pay the same price as for "tin" (scrap steel, lower grade) and "baling".

Dlog Renim said:
so let say 7 the pound... thats for like unskinned wire or skinned ?
In your terms, "skinned" (the actual name of this wire is "coax")

Taking the center wire out of this in order to get better pricing;

1. LOTS of work (the foam is glued on and is very, very, VERY hard to get it all off - at least, that is my experience in working with underground coax many years ago)
2. MESSY - now, that is something you may not mind, but tiny bits of foam and plastic go everywhere!
3. Pays small - (copper clad aluminum is, in my opinion, "dirty aluminum" and would bring $.35/lb? - we don't do enough scrapping to really quote prices, so someone else would have to help there)

In my opinion, if you are getting a car full of this every week or so, drive it to the scrap yard, take your $.07/lb and go have a nice meal - for FREE! It won't make you rich, but the work involved in stripping this stuff is just not worth it! Use that time to go find other JUNK, and hopefully, something worth a lot more money!

ty for your info ;)

thats what i was looking for.. to much work for nothing.. if i had a container 52 foot truck maby it could be good lol as i could fill it up maby once a month or two..

but its not done.. i dint dig in the container yet.. and what els should i check from telecom scrap ? like connector maby ? all the board dont worry ill pick them up LOL

ive scrapped many tons of that in the past. do not attempt to pile it up and burn it. the foam melts to a liquid that is as combustible as gasoline. as the aluminum reaches the melting point in one spot, the liquid explodes throwing burning material in all directions. you can cut into short lengths (2 foot or under) and pyrolize in an enclosed reactor. i eventually settled on a way, it involves a metal 55 gal drum and wood to burn the smoke.

Dlog Renim said:
ty for your info ;)

thats what i was looking for.. to much work for nothing.. if i had a container 52 foot truck maby it could be good lol as i could fill it up maby once a month or two..

but its not done.. i dint dig in the container yet.. and what els should i check from telecom scrap ? like connector maby ? all the board dont worry ill pick them up LOL

it's often worth more as functioning coax than as scrap.

it's just a matter of finding a buyer (who writes checks that don't bounce) who is also willing to pay a decent price.

from their point of view - it would help to find out what people are paying for that size of coax, new. so you can price it 'to move'.

also a function of your storage costs and loading/ un-loading time.

Latest posts

Back