X- marks the spot on the map!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allthatscrap

Hello successors and successee's,

Im a noobe and a constant page flipper of the forum ,hoke, and my lovely memory of every twist and turn my not so amusing past present and soon to be possibly exciting future, this of course is what brings me today to the best time of my life so far on this forum. Some man forgive me for not taking the immediate time to research his name,however his kind words were to introduce myself to the forum, I hesitated for a moment but thought awesome, however I failed to find the appropriate setting on the AP to introduce myself after some months and a calmer me I'll have to say I feel ready to introduce myself..
I'm sharing these photos just to shed some light on a split stock pot oddly enough I ended up with a crazily unegg smelling yellow/gold solution and a equal amount of silver coloured fowl smelling (egg like ) solution that the toughest aqua regua isn't lightening not totally dissolving the white silvery shinning metal that continues to evade the treatments. Any clues?

Started with alloy metal ribbon of 59%Fe,18%Pd,18%Au,1%Ir,1%\Ag,1%/Cu

Attachments

• .trashed-1665807777-IMG_20220908_195834414.jpg
    .trashed-1665807777-IMG_20220908_195834414.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • .trashed-1665807770-IMG_20220908_195914594.jpg
    .trashed-1665807770-IMG_20220908_195914594.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Welcome to the forum.
Can you please edit your post so it is more readable?
It is hard to read, so please divide it into sentences with spaces and line shifts.

Then explain step by step what you have done, so we can understand what has happened.
What was the starting material?
You said ribbon, but no ribbon cable I have heard of has such composition.
I guess you use XRF, which is notorious to give unreliable results, if it is not used with correct libraries and/or settings.

I'll guess that is a good place to start.

Foul sulfur smell point to introduction of some sulfides to the mixture - was the material metallic ? Do you have any photos of what was going in ? Where did you get it, what is the origin of it ? Because as alloy, it is very very strange in composition. I do not know if that much gold is soluble in iron in first place.

Back