Looking for a professional refiner

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday at 8:41 PM
I own the salvage savage gold company. I build really cool Super efficiant gold processing equipment out of recycled metals and equipment. my back yard is the cherokee gold and platinum mine. I own a 180 acres of the area of the mining district. I have 20 tons of fines, assayed 3 times with aqua regina, 3.0 oz.Gold, 4.2 oz Platinum, 2.4 oz Paladium, 4.0 oz Silver per ton. I have 40 to 60 more tons that needs seperation. I have it in 55 gallon drums ready to move. I have had several different liars tell me they could refine it. I told them to send proof!! LOL!! AHAHAHAAA, Not 1 person.
I refined a little. I really don't have the time. I own auto shop, the Kokopelli Opal mines(kokopelliopals.com), several other companies. I do all my own fabrication, mining, repair, I am seriously looking for someone who can refine or help in large production. I don't need the money. Its the challenge for me, I will share in the wealth, I want the experience. If someone does the math it pans out! I was referred by a fellow miner that I highly respect. He is an opal miner, owner in Nevada, he has worked for some gold mines in north Nevada, he is also a geologist. If there is anyone who can respond to this request it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Reply

Welcome to the forum.
That is some pretty rich ore!
Congratulations!

I must say this one sentence will scare off any reputable refiner to go into business with you:
I have had several different liars tell me they could refine it. I told them to send proof!! LOL!! AHAHAHAAA, Not 1 person.
This will also reduce the number of replies from our members as they are fed up with inflammatory and frustrated people jumping to conclusions, being offended and starting a mud fight. Hence the lack thereof, I guess.

Why are they liars? Please explain.
If several refiners(?) are liars by your standards, could it be your interpretation of the assay, or level of knowledge is lacking and you have gold fever and refuse to see reality? (this is not accusing you but suggesting a possibility, please don't go crazy like some do when they feel attacked in stead of challenged)

Who did the assay with aqua regia?
Was it on ore or on the concentrates?
Are the yield numbers for the concentrates or for the ore? How is the ore processed before AR?

Not meant to discourage or ridicule you, but to help you exclude facts from fiction, and maybe get a better understanding of things: (no idea if you already know this or not)
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...le-read-this-before-you-post-about-ore.33333/
Martijn.

You need a real assay when it comes to PGM bearing ore, talk to Lou on here he is one of the people here that are true experts in platinum group metals.
Lou can suggest the proper type of assay for your rocks and most likely already has a suggestion about who to use in your area.
If Lou can't get you on the right path with your type of ore you probably will not find someone that can, he is well respected on this forum.

Quick math based on your numbers says you have material worth north of $12,000 per ton. And 20 tons ready to process and 40-60 more tons waiting in the wings. You are potentially sitting on a valuable asset.

Your introduction makes one think you are an intelligent guy and not one easily duped. But, as years in the industry has taught me, in the precious metal recovery world there is always someone who thinks they can get over on you. So why advertise?

What would be the greatest benefit for you from this forum is for you to learn some of the pitfalls and some of the techniques needed to process this material. Then, armed with the right questions, you can properly evaluate anyone claiming to be able to process this material for, or with, you.

The way to start would be to say something about the ore you have 20 tons of, the type of ore, silicates, sulfates? What is the particle size and how did you process it to its current state. At the concentrations listed it has been concentrated some way, how was this done. Also say a little about how you sampled the material you had assayed. And finally, aqua regia is not the analytical method for materials in the single digit oz per ton category, that is usually done by fire assay for a true quantitative result.

If you answer some of these questions a discussion will evolve and you will gain a better understanding of what you have and surely that will turn into a discussion of recovery of those values. In this way you will benefit from the experience on this forum, and forum members will benefit from the discussion.

Just to be clear, my background is refining of metals, usually incoming in bar form. And I am retired. So I am not at all looking to get involved processing this material, but I will be interested in the discussion.

Yesterday at 8:41 PM
I own the salvage savage gold company. I build really cool Super efficiant gold processing equipment out of recycled metals and equipment. my back yard is the cherokee gold and platinum mine. I own a 180 acres of the area of the mining district. I have 20 tons of fines, assayed 3 times with aqua regina, 3.0 oz.Gold, 4.2 oz Platinum, 2.4 oz Paladium, 4.0 oz Silver per ton. I have 40 to 60 more tons that needs seperation. I have it in 55 gallon drums ready to move. I have had several different liars tell me they could refine it. I told them to send proof!! LOL!! AHAHAHAAA, Not 1 person.
I refined a little. I really don't have the time. I own auto shop, the Kokopelli Opal mines(kokopelliopals.com), several other companies. I do all my own fabrication, mining, repair, I am seriously looking for someone who can refine or help in large production. I don't need the money. Its the challenge for me, I will share in the wealth, I want the experience. If someone does the math it pans out! I was referred by a fellow miner that I highly respect. He is an opal miner, owner in Nevada, he has worked for some gold mines in north Nevada, he is also a geologist. If there is anyone who can respond to this request it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Reply

If I were you I would contact this company ----------

https://www.kcareno.com/
You may be to small (or not) for them to be interested but they may be able to point you in the right direction

Also I would contact Jason at Mt Baker Minning & metals - he may be able to help

https://mbmmllc.com/
I would also contact Legend in Sparks NV - I don't think they do any processing but they may be able to point you in direction

https://www.lmine.com/
Also Action Mining

https://www.actionmining.com/
Also check out this thread where members have posted links to companies that provide the kind of services you are looking for (or at least companies that may be able to point you in the right direction of what you are looking for) --- near the bottom of page 2 member SRM posted a nice list of links that may help --- check the whole thread for other links

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/calling-all-experienced-miners-and-prospectors.32553/page-2
Kurt

Sometimes it’s better to just move on.
Making a remark was not my main goal.
The problem with misnaming chemical compounds is that all posts from the forum are indexed by Google and are subsequently used as a source of information for services like chatGPT, which multiplies the amount of incorrect information indexed on the Internet.

How many beginners will see the name "aqua regina" in discussion instead of "aqua regia" and think that's how it should be?

Correcting the name of a chemical compound in a post is much simpler and more logical than leaving everything as it is and multiplying errors, and therefore misleading information provided by search engines.

This is just my opinion. No offense.

It is amazing how easy it is to make a typo from a smart phone. We all know what he meant. Sometimes it’s better to just move on.
I agree, but..
That do not dictate that it should not be corrected for future references.
I have a lot of edits :oops:

Truth is I did correct the title, it said refinner and I changed it to refiner. I didn’t want to be disrespectful to the refinning industry, those hard working environmentalists who replace missing fins on fish!
Refinning: An action accomplished exclusively by Parrotheads whereby they replace heavily worn Land Shark hats with new product from the Margaritaville Store.

Repairing and replacing fins on fish works, too.

Seriously, most typos are inconsequential to most longtime members. A good many words are spelled differently from one region to another, even within countries using a common language. Translators muck things up. Writing in your second, third, or even your fourth language is also a challenge. Overall, the vast, overwhelming majority do a good job of it.

When it appears that misspelling may affect new users procedures, search engines, AI learning, and other such things, most longtime members will and should point out what the correction should be and why. Some of us will be more or less rude and curmudgeonly than others in doing so.

Time for more coffee.

Quick math based on your numbers says you have material worth north of $12,000 per ton. And 20 tons ready to process and 40-60 more tons waiting in the wings. You are potentially sitting on a valuable asset.

Your introduction makes one think you are an intelligent guy and not one easily duped. But, as years in the industry has taught me, in the precious metal recovery world there is always someone who thinks they can get over on you. So why advertise?

What would be the greatest benefit for you from this forum is for you to learn some of the pitfalls and some of the techniques needed to process this material. Then, armed with the right questions, you can properly evaluate anyone claiming to be able to process this material for, or with, you.

The way to start would be to say something about the ore you have 20 tons of, the type of ore, silicates, sulfates? What is the particle size and how did you process it to its current state. At the concentrations listed it has been concentrated some way, how was this done. Also say a little about how you sampled the material you had assayed. And finally, aqua regia is not the analytical method for materials in the single digit oz per ton category, that is usually done by fire assay for a true quantitative result.

If you answer some of these questions a discussion will evolve and you will gain a better understanding of what you have and surely that will turn into a discussion of recovery of those values. In this way you will benefit from the experience on this forum, and forum members will benefit from the discussion.

Just to be clear, my background is refining of metals, usually incoming in bar form. And I am retired. So I am not at all looking to get involved processing this material, but I will be interested in the discussion.
The ore is really simple its is from volcanic flows above inskip than transported via ancient river, to drycreek area at the bottom of a 200 ft wide water fall. same rive that brought in the cheerokee gold mine in nothern ca the fines were processed through a plant brought in from austria 25 years ago that had 3 centrifuges, 96 % of the free metals were extracted the material most down I believe minus 20 pretty fine some a little bigger and smaller. The material is all fused and integrated the silver has to be dropped in order to retrive the platinum and pladium, and then gold. There is very small amounts of copper and iron. I gave very simple ideas on my first post. The materials are unlimited I own 180 acres of this type of material. The really conversation is who can do a very large amount of this material properly and honest about the results. Thats the true Question. thanks for the info

So to summarize what I think you have said. The property consists of spoils from a concentrating operation that used centrifuges to separate out 96% of the metals that were in the ore. You have not done any crushing to produce a uniform size ore and your assumption it is -20 but that was done when it was originally processed. If I were in a position to be interested in this project, remember I am not, I would like to know how you went about your property sampling this material to come up with the material you assayed by aqua regia. And, I would also like to see a fire assay result with an instrument finish to quantify it properly assuming it was properly sampled.

Without knowing more I would assume the material needs to be crushed and classified and leached to recover the values. The actual process of selecting the best leach is up for debate so this is where those with the leaching experience should be throwing out suggestions.

Refinning: An action accomplished exclusively by Parrotheads whereby they replace heavily worn Land Shark hats with new product from the Margaritaville Store.

Repairing and replacing fins on fish works, too.

Seriously, most typos are inconsequential to most longtime members. A good many words are spelled differently from one region to another, even within countries using a common language. Translators muck things up. Writing in your second, third, or even your fourth language is also a challenge. Overall, the vast, overwhelming majority do a good job of it.

When it appears that misspelling may affect new users procedures, search engines, AI learning, and other such things, most longtime members will and should point out what the correction should be and why. Some of us will be more or less rude and curmudgeonly than others in doing so.

Time for more coffee.
Sorry if I spell wrong. I am dislexic! Anyone who would get offended and cast judgement, and can't read between the lines. Obviously thinks they are higher than us peeons. Just saying
So to summarize what I think you have said. The property consists of spoils from a concentrating operation that used centrifuges to separate out 96% of the metals that were in the ore. You have not done any crushing to produce a uniform size ore and your assumption it is -20 but that was done when it was originally processed. If I were in a position to be interested in this project, remember I am not, I would like to know how you went about your property sampling this material to come up with the material you assayed by aqua regia. And, I would also like to see a fire assay result with an instrument finish to quantify it properly assuming it was properly sampled.

Without knowing more I would assume the material needs to be crushed and classified and leached to recover the values. The actual process of selecting the best leach is up for debate so this is where those with the leaching experience should be throwing out suggestions.
not to be a skeptic and who are you and what makes you qualified. lots of question with out representation and qualification. My resume is beyond long. I have melted and seperated this material, in a crucible at 2400 degrees to 3800 degrees we took it to 3800 to drop[ out plat groups. iron, lowered temps for the silver gold and copper. we used proper additives for seperation please don';t mind my spelling as I am deslexic, not stupid. I have been making and mixing metals longer than most people on this site have been alive. I am looking for some who dares to make a lot of money metal or both. I don't believe the how comes what ifs and why not. I am business man, not a debater over what I know. My question to anyone on this site Do you have a million in metal. if not WTF why not, Unless you don't should probably figure out what I am doin!!

Sorry if I spell wrong. I am dislexic! Anyone who would get offended and cast judgement, and can't read between the lines. Obviously thinks they are higher than us peeons. Just saying
Sorry if you're offended, but I have obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), which is characterized by a form of pedantry that is overly concerned with following rules, procedures, and practices correctly. That's why correct spelling and writing is extremely important to me. Just saying.

not to be a skeptic and who are you and what makes you qualified. lots of question with out representation and qualification. My resume is beyond long. I have melted and seperated this material, in a crucible at 2400 degrees to 3800 degrees we took it to 3800 to drop[ out plat groups. iron, lowered temps for the silver gold and copper. we used proper additives for seperation please don';t mind my spelling as I am deslexic, not stupid. I have been making and mixing metals longer than most people on this site have been alive. I am looking for some who dares to make a lot of money metal or both. I don't believe the how comes what ifs and why not. I am business man, not a debater over what I know. My question to anyone on this site Do you have a million in metal. if not WTF why not, Unless you don't should probably figure out what I am doin!!
I’m also dyslexic but some have also called me stupid.

Coming here to this forum and making blanket statements about mixing metals longer than “most on this site have been alive” isn’t going to make you friends whether your likely WRONG claim is true or not. Moreover, I’m about 4N certain that there are members here who’ve passed that have been refining metals likely longer than YOU have been alive and owned their own mines on square miles not acres and had been to more than 23 countries doing what they loved. In short, there are people here whose resumes makes what you’ve described so far (to me) look as interesting as the back of cornflake box. So cool your jets and quit taking things so offensively, or rest assured your stay here will be short. No one is here to treat you like a peeon but don’t have a double standard in how you are treating our members/moderators--gotta give respect to get it! That's how that works. Your post above made you lose my respect.

As for who 4metals is and why he’s qualified…maybe quit typing and start reading his posts and have an open mind!! It's not like he was disrespecting you. That fellow by the way has owned large refineries and set up facilities around the world. You’re peeing on literally one of the best precious metals guys in the world. He brings up good points and asks hard questions at times but he’s not out to get you. His only horse in the race is to help you get what you want—your stuff processed—and leverage his experience in commercial refining of many, many millions (probably BILLIONS) of dollars in metal. To help you. Free of charge. It must be 4metals hate week. All of this over him trying to help people with their rocks.

So take it or leave it, savage!

Last edited:
LEFT I surely don't need ridicule from some one that doesn't know or want to understand the art of Business,
Trust me I am not arrogant nor ignorant I have over 29 years in the art of mining 35 in metallurgy. I was just looking
for a person ie: Company to make some killer money, precious metals, Etc. I am not looking for free info or labor of any sort
nothing in this world is free. I was trying to help someone looking, I am not a taker! Nor a user!! I will just let friends
and fellow miners from Barrack deal with it. I won't lose on this my time is worth more than a BITCH!! Oh guess what?
YOU STILL A BITCH!!!!

Back