• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Buying Computer/Electronic Precious Metal Scrap and more

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EwasteD said:
I Accidentally put it here months, if not over a year ago. Can't remember exactly. It has been quite some time. I don't know how to move it? :oops:

A moderator would have to move it.

Jim

I have been selling to Mario for over 2 years. My opinion Absolutely the best buyer in the business. Very large volume, great service, as honest as the day is long, and quick turn around. He will bend over backwards for you.

So you want to pay $30.00 a pound for close cut gold fingers? I doubt you will get much business on those here. Most members know that a pound of good close cut fingers will still bring 90-100 bucks on ebay.

I see a sort fee on hard drive boards. Is that fee applyed to all shipments? If so, why not just deduct the 30 cents off the posted price?

Some of the prices are good, some are not so good.

I wouldn't recommend these guys ... ripped me off on 150lb of telecom boards about 2 years ago when I shipped to them

silversaddle1 said:
So you want to pay $30.00 a pound for close cut gold fingers? I doubt you will get much business on those here. Most members know that a pound of good close cut fingers will still bring 90-100 bucks on ebay.

I see a sort fee on hard drive boards. Is that fee applyed to all shipments? If so, why not just deduct the 30 cents off the posted price?

You're correct in one way mate. He won't get much business on HERE but he runs a website so he will get plenty from other people. I'm on the middle path here with these websites. They have to make a living because they have overheads, but on the other hand if anyone is daft enough to sell at these prices then that's their lookout. 8) 8) 8)

Jon

platedscrap said:
I wouldn't recommend these guys ... ripped me off on 150lb of telecom boards about 2 years ago when I shipped to them

Can you expand on that claim some? We need to know more.

silversaddle1 said:

Hello!

To be honest, I don't want the gold cut fingers... happy to buy them at the price advertised, the overpaying ebay market (this is frequently discussed here) is hard to compete with on some markets. It is more of a convenience buy for our customers as opposed to saying "we won't take them".

The sort fee is applied to those who are attempting to disguise tape drive boards and CD/DVD boards in with hard drive boards.
If you have actual hard drive boards and they are clean, then you won't be charged the fee.

I appreciate the price feedback, like anything else, we can't be everything to everyone, nor do we want to be.

platedscrap said:
I personally handle all disputes.. this doesn't even ring a bell. Please provide some details.. I hope you don't have us confused with the other company that has a similar name located the Northeast.

I've sent them many shipments, always get fair treatment, quick pay and best prices. I've tried 2 others and this guy has always beat them.

Best way to avoid sorting fee is to ship it presorted, you have to touch each piece anyway might as well sort it while your at it.

Having said all that, I'm a small timer, no truck loads or tonnage.

rickbb said:
I've sent them many shipments, always get fair treatment, quick pay and best prices. I've tried 2 others and this guy has always beat them.

Best way to avoid sorting fee is to ship it presorted, you have to touch each piece anyway might as well sort it while your at it.

Having said all that, I'm a small timer, no truck loads or tonnage.
Thanks for the feedback!

I noticed the person that left the negative feedback has logged back onto the forum multiple times and has not addressed some inquiries on here. I am eager to dig into this myself but I need some details.

Yes I have seen ... but it's not worth starting a fight over ... like I said over 2 years ago and I don't have the receipt any more ... I remember you sending me the FedEx postage. .. deducted from the payout amount which I knew ... the problem was my payout for the telecom boards was only .50 a lb

platedscrap said:
Yes I have seen ... but it's not worth starting a fight over ... like I said over 2 years ago and I don't have the receipt any more ... I remember you sending me the FedEx postage. .. deducted from the payout amount which I knew ... the problem was my payout for the telecom boards was only .50 a lb

You can log onto their website under your user name a have access to all of your sales to them.

platedscrap said:
You are in luck! We don't issue receipts! Your settlement is saved online in your account. PM me your email address and I can go back and locate the settlement quickly.

Thanks!

platedscrap said:

Oh come on you have to do better than that after calling someone out publicly on this forum. Present some good backup for what you said or at least have the good grace to man up and apologise.

Ok well I finally remembered my login on the site ... and I apologize for being off on the amount it was 76lbs ... added a copy of the payout report ... this all happened in 2012 and prices were different so I blacked them out

Attachments

• 2015-11-24 23.45.55.png
    2015-11-24 23.45.55.png
    372.4 KB · Views: 657
platedscrap

the receipt doesn't really tell us anything other then you where paid for a shipment of boards --- in that shipment - part of the payment was for telecom (which you blacked out) & part of it was for mid grade boards (circled) --- your "claim" is that these mid grade boards where telecom --- do you actually know what a telecom "grade" boards is ?

I ask because there are a "lots" of boards that come out of telecom (telephone communication) gear that are NOT telecom "grade" boards

in other words - because they come out of telecom gear they are technically speaking telecom boards - but not telecom "grade"

Here is a link to boardsort's "description" & a pic of what a true telecom "grade" board is :arrow: http://www.boardsort.com/telecom.html

here are some pics of telecom com boards ( technically speaking because they com from telecom gear) but are not telecom "grade" --- these are lower "grade" boards

Edit to add; - Note - what I underlined in the description of true telecom "grade" boards --- High grade Telecom board is a large board that is populated with lots of ic chips. It is generally flat in appearance and contains little to no capacitors, resistors and "absolutely" no transformers of any size.

Kurt

Attachments

• WP_20151124_10_42_22_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20151124_10_42_22_Pro[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 647
  • WP_20151125_04_24_01_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20151125_04_24_01_Pro[1].jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 647
Back