• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Buying Computer/Electronic Precious Metal Scrap and more

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly it's not 150 pounds it states 76 pounds unless you're working in Kg which is unusual in the US.

Secondly it clearly breaks down telecoms grade boards from mid grade boards so it looks like YOU might have got the wrong end of the stick regarding your gradings. You cannot just bad mouth people without being able to provide documentary evidence to back up why you were ripped off. The evidence provided so far (not withstanding your own which may alter the case if you can present it) shows that your accusation was wrong. I'm not associated with these guys in any shape or form, but I would respectfully ask that you either provide documentary evidence that they ripped you off, or apologise for making your original statement.

Look I'm all for exposing crooks but you've got to be able to make a credible claim otherwise it all ends up being a bit "McCarthy" if you get my drift?

Jon

I've torn apart several phone systems and most of the boards in them are power boards. Lots of copper coils etc. but not much in PM's or chips.

From the few I've done I'd say 80% copper scrap boards to 20% boards with nice fingers and chips in a typical phone system.

I mainly lurk and learn here, but I want to pipe up also and vouch for ewasted and his company, Cash for Computer Scrap. I have dealt with them around a dozen times, and have always been happy with the service and grading. I have sent photos of questionable items before sending them in to get a grade/price estimate (telecom) and have always been pleased with the grade and payout.

-Michael

The boards in the pictures above are 'Line Cards'. Sometimes the part number will start with LC. They're used in most large equipment rooms where high speed switching/routing are needed, so they typically have much better PM content. You can usually spot them by looking for the clamps at the top and bottom of the faceplate where the LED's are located. The card slides vertically into the equipment shelf and the clamp on the cards seats them securely into the backplane like in the picture below. Hope this helps.

220px-Northern_Telecom_DMS-100_Line_Card_Drawer_showing_line_cards.JPG

scrappappy said:
The boards in the pictures above are 'Line Cards'. Sometimes the part number will start with LC. They're used in most large equipment rooms where high speed switching/routing are needed, so they typically have much better PM content. You can usually spot them by looking for the clamps at the top and bottom of the faceplate where the LED's are located. The card slides vertically into the equipment shelf and the clamp on the cards seats them securely into the backplane like in the picture below. Hope this helps.

220px-Northern_Telecom_DMS-100_Line_Card_Drawer_showing_line_cards.JPG
he needs to learn to grade these boards.5 years into this and I am still learning,ed.

I just sent in roughly 200lbs of early 1980's military telecom cards. Ill let ya'll know how it goes.

Still have a 5 foot tall pallet of the stuff sittin waitin to see how this goes.

Attachments

• porclin board.jpg
    porclin board.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 476
  • aaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaa.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 476
  • mmmmmm.jpg
    mmmmmm.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 476
Old post, but relevant.

Is Mario from Boardsort, Cashforgold, cashforelectronicscrapusa.com or this company?

But I guess a better question is, is there one that has gotten negative feedback.

I'm a little peeved at Boardsort right now, I sent an email asking for a good contact number so I can schedule a dropoff, but also so I can set them up with a new customer that is getting rid of a couple thousand pounds of old multibus boards and haven't gotten a reply...nor has that potential customer been contacted.

Essentially meaning, I put my neck out to try to get one of my clients a better deal, given my dealings with boardsort before, and got no response. Although I do have to say, while my dealings with boardsort have been net positive, communication has never been their strong point.

I am unaware of any Mario's at those other companies. We have been around for a while now. We are NOT affiliated with any of those companies, we are our own entity.

Would be happy to help if we can!

I have tried equal lots with EwasteD, boardsort and the ...scrapeusa people. By equal lots I mean same material type and weights.

Boardsort told me my lot was too small to bother with then stopped communation, the scrapeusa people paid much less than EwasteD's place. I have not tried the cashforgold place.

Needless to say all my stuff goes to Mario, (EwasteD).

Yeah, I got the cold shoulder from Boardsort...their loss I guess.

Never did get a response from Chris.

I can't speak for boardsort or their situation, but from what I hear they do a good job. I certainly respect them and can assume all the challenges they run into, as we probably battle some of the same things. I know they moved not too long ago and not sure of the timing of your challenges, but perhaps that may have had something to do with it.

Regarding the feedback some of you had provided us, thank you. We aren't perfect, nor can we achieve six sigma with our customer service, but we do our best. Sometimes we fall short, but we bounce back with some learning experiences in the process.

EwasteD said:
Regarding the feedback some of you had provided us, thank you. We aren't perfect, nor can we achieve six sigma with our customer service, but we do our best. Sometimes we fall short, but we bounce back with some learning experiences in the process.

This right hear puts you ahead of most small corporate entities out there.

I see most hit a wall, and never figure out how to climb over it, and essentially just build camp and hang out next to that wall.

Hi everyone... we are experiencing some significant email and server issues... been working on it all day.... will hopefully have it rectified by tomorrow before start of the business day. We are going to send an email blast as well with updates. If you are NOT on our mailing list, please send me a PM with your name and email address so I can add you to the list! thanks for your patience!

Back