Catalytic Convertor Recovery Data

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
solar_plasma said:
Thanks for quick reply. Btw the solution from the comb is yellow (much like iron) and turns colourless with my stannous.

Hi sola i am new in refining about 4 months. I used the same procedure sreetips hcl/clorax. And my solution color is yellow. and color less for stanneous test, u have faced this situation as you said what was conclusion about that is my converter is worthless or what.
And an other thing is what is minimum quantity of raw material like crushed honey comb can be used i just used 50g for just testing. Or it is nessesary to use one whole honey comb. Plss help, will be thankfull.

Hi All
I started an experiment with catalytic converters.
i put for 4 honeycomb in big bucket & add aqua regia.
but i do not put heat . it is on my back yard & the only heat source is sun.
i sook them for about 20 day & stir it some times.
honeycomb not sook compeletly in aqua regia so after 10-12 day i filiped back the honey comb.
i have some quastion.
is my work enough for dissolve all PGM metal? if no what can i do?
what is best way for extract pd & pt from aqua regia. (exept zinc cementation)
when we have dissolved PGM metal in nitric acide how can adjust PH level without using heat & evaporation( because it's good for small batch). for example how can change nitric solution with ph1 to ph4.

Attachments

• Photo-0157.jpg
    Photo-0157.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
  • Photo-0158.jpg
    Photo-0158.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 281
Rustjunkie said:
DSC03163.JPG The buyers I know are saying $4.oo to $10.oo / lb but nothing for sure right now,so I thought I would ask here.

The worth of platinum, palladium and rhodium on the market depend on their value on the metal exchange market, as their value fluctuate constantly depending on the global resources and demand at all times.

Then why do they use Ni:S for fire assay?
Is it the obvious answer..cost?

Also the catalytic recovery sheet link isn't working for me. Can some one please. email it? [email protected]

lazersteve said:
Here's an excellent study on the recovery of PGMs from cats. They quantitatively test various dissolutions and sodium peroxide fusion. Everything is summed up in nice tables listing the different types of cats and the associated yields for each type of process. Lots of data including yields.

Check it out.

Cat Contents

Take the time to study this one and you'll learn a lot.
the link is not working can you send new link please
Steve

Would love to see the link of the study too, sadly the link doesn't work no more :( If anyone have it by any way, could you pls send me the file or a link via private message ? thank you so much

Back