cpu collector's website

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mic said:
hfywc said:
and mic how come you're so knowlegeable about these cpus?
I could fill 2 pages with the info I have on them,but the last thing I want is more competition to buy them,so I keep most of the info under my hat.... :mrgreen:

The grass always looks greener from the other side till you get there.... 8) :roll: :mrgreen:

here's another one with heatsink still attached....

hey mic...how much do you think these cpus worth?

Attachments

• IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 238
I would've spent the same amount,but not with shipping.I offered him $80 plus actual shipping and he didn't go for it :roll:
I've seen such a spike in people over there trying to gouge americans on shipping and this is yet another example.
If this one has the gold case,which I am sure it does by the date,then it would be nice to own.

okay...thanks mic.

i read somewhere that these cpus contains about 7grams of gold. does anyone knows?

I heard an amount a few years back that was in no way real.But to answer your question,no I don't know.I would never process one that's for sure.In about 20 years these should be near priceless.

mic said:
I heard an amount a few years back that was in no way real.But to answer your question,no I don't know.I would never process one that's for sure.In about 20 years these should be near priceless.

Send it to me I will process it. You can't eat a chip... 8)

Sometimes you can eat a lot more with what a collector will pay for some things, and get some beer also..I think these are one of those items.

Jim

jimdoc said:
Sometimes you can eat a lot more with what a collector will pay for some things, and get some beer also..I think these are one of those items.
Barren is only screwing with me.He know's I'd be taking a drive to arkansas if he processed one of these.... :mrgreen:(or I'll break out my light saber!)

I can agree with both sides. It is good to put few aside as they may fetch nice profit later from some collectors. On the other hand I would not go after them filling boxes as there may be times coming with no collectors at all and no time or means to process them in future... :mrgreen:

mic said:
jimdoc said:
Barren is only screwing with me.He know's I'd be taking a drive to arkansas if he processed one of these.... :mrgreen:(or I'll break out my light saber!)

8) I wouldn't need to process it, I could find a buyer with the following I have. I would hate to process something that beautiful any way. :mrgreen:

Barren Realms 007 said:
I could find a buyer with the following I have
Yeh you got on there a year after I did and have 5 times the following.....you suck! Love ya bud.

mic said:
Barren Realms 007 said:
I could find a buyer with the following I have
Yeh you got on there a year after I did and have 5 times the following.....you suck! Love ya bud.

Yep I have to thank you for that. 8) :mrgreen:

HHMMMM, I wonder what forum rule I can get changed next... :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Grey traces coming in beginning of the week...... 8) 8) 8) I love it.... :mrgreen:

Mic, I finally got hold of some of the boards I told you. Here are some pic's. There's only 2 of the cpu's, should have been 5.
On most of the boards, the gold plate looks like it runs all thru the boards on both sides.

It looks promising; I hope he has some more, like he said.

Thanks.

Phil

Attachments

• 's 127.JPG
    's 127.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 's 128.JPG
    's 128.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 's 130.JPG
    's 130.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 188
  • 's 132.JPG
    's 132.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 's 131.JPG
    's 131.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 188
Those are nice boards phil.That last board has quite a bit of pd on it.
If your guy is responsible for the breakage,tell him to be more careful. :roll:
But either way that a nice haul.I got the load last week from nasa and there's a ton of good stuff in there.I disassembled an HP 335a synth. level generator this morning,it was unbelievable.I took a pic of all the boards but I still don't know how to shrink the pics to get them on the forum.I screw around and see if I can't figure it out.

Thanks Mic!
Been having trouble with connection to the forum. I'm back again.

Yeap, he tried to take them apart & broke a lot of them. There should have been 5 cpu's, I only found 2; I just hope he has more pc's like he said.

Would like to see some of your Pic's. Did you try setting your cam on VGA? That was my problem, wrong setting. VGA "shrinks" the pic's for ease of e-mailing & also helped me to be able to post them here on the forum. Here's a couple more.

Attachments

• 's 133.JPG
    's 133.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 176
  • 's 137.JPG
    's 137.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 176
Indeed!

I just had the "sunny" side up! 8)

They're 3 kinds, IBM52; IBM52/34 & IBM98C. The first 2 weigh 5.7g ea. & the 98, 5.9g.

Attachments

• 's 138.JPG
    's 138.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 169
I looked them up and they seem to be common,not very collectable chips,however in my time processing I feel that IBM was one company that was very liberal with its gold plating.If you intend on processing them,you should see a little higher than normal return.

Thanks Mic!

I've been coming across some more golden parts, like small black (Motorola?) processors w/golden legs, MC862P.

I guess tomorrow I'll start a batch.

Attachments

• 's 140.JPG
    's 140.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 155
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8276&p=77384&hilit=transistors#p77338
You may find this thread interesting.Chris said that another member extracted $142 of gold per pound of T-05's and that was when gold was $950 oz.

Back