CW Ammen Recovery And Refining Of Precious Metals remastered

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money well spent.

Ammens 2nd Ed Avaialble Here

My C.W. Ammen "Recovery an Refining of Precious Metals" 2nd edition arrived this morning, for those of you that would like to purchase this hard to find book you may order direct from the Publisher and Copyright holder in Alberta, Canada.

The telephone number for Michelle at Deep Rock Resources is 1 780 454 3879, the cost is $69.95 with $14.95 S/H in USD.

For those wishing to mail in their payment the address is:

Deep Rock Resources inc.
P.O. Box 388, St Albert Alberta
T8N7A2

Michelle's husband knew Mr. C.W. Ammen as a personal friend, and have been informed that Mr. C. W. ( Bill ) Ammen passed away May 30/2011
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gazette/obituary.aspx?n=charles-william-ammen&pid=151483712

Regards
Rusty

I’m all for leaving information but given the content of this thread I could just as easily see it disappearing from existence. Poof !!! There is like at least 5 delete buttons running around out there?

rusty said:
Money well spent.

Ammens 2nd Ed Avaialble Here

My C.W. Ammen "Recovery an Refining of Precious Metals" 2nd edition arrived this morning, for those of you that would like to purchase this hard to find book you may order direct from the Publisher and Copyright holder in Alberta, Canada.

The telephone number for Michelle at Deep Rock Resources is 1 780 454 3879, the cost is $69.95 with $14.95 S/H in USD.

Deep Rock Resources inc.
T8N7A2

Michelle's husband knew Mr. C.W. Ammen as a personal friend, and have been informed that Mr. C. W. ( Bill ) Ammen passed away May 30/2011
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gazette/obituary.aspx?n=charles-william-ammen&pid=151483712

Regards
Rusty

Heads Up - The owner of the copyright for Ammen's book " Recovery and Refining of Precious Metals " will not have more printed after the last ten copies in inventory this date 9/21/2013 have been sold.

Rusty
nowhere in the publishers site says this so if you are getting your info from Ebay better do more searches
I would like to know where you got this info also does not mean that they lost there copyrights this you will have to see when that expires

http://www.springer.com/?SGWID=0-102-24-0-0&searchType=EASY_CDA&queryText=The+Recovery+and+Refining+of+Precious+Metals

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Recovery-and-Refining-Precious-Metals-Mining-/271129534137?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item3f20945eb9

please show me where you got this info ????

RikkiRicardo

RikkiRicardo said:
Rusty
nowhere in the publishers site says this so if you are getting your info from Ebay better do more searches
I would like to know where you got this info also does not mean that they lost there copyrights this you will have to see when that expires

http://www.springer.com/?SGWID=0-102-24-0-0&searchType=EASY_CDA&queryText=The+Recovery+and+Refining+of+Precious+Metals

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Recovery-and-Refining-Precious-Metals-Mining-/271129534137?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item3f20945eb9

RikkiRicardo

Well there you have it, the information on that ebay ad mirrors the information I gave the book is going out of print.

FYI - my information cam directly from the owner of the copyright.

rusty said:
Heads Up - The owner of the copyright for Ammen's book " Recovery and Refining of Precious Metals " will not have more printed after the last ten copies in inventory this date 9/21/2013 have been sold.

Rusty, is there a website for Deep Rock? I'd like to get a copy, but my search functions keep taking me to Time Warner's search page, and it's absolutely useless.

AndyWilliams said:
rusty said:

Rusty, is there a website for Deep Rock? I'd like to get a copy, but my search functions keep taking me to Time Warner's search page, and it's absolutely useless.

Website for Deeprock no longer functional, you may order from this telephone number.

Deep Rock Resources inc.
T8N7A2

Since they only have about ten copy's left in inventory i would suggest making your order by telephone even if its just tp reserve a copy while your payment is in transit.

This is not to say that there are no other sources of the book, once their inventory has been depleted thats it there will not be another print run.

RikkiRicardo said:
Rusty

RikkiRicardo

Without being antagonistic in my reply, this should satisfy you.

Gill,

As the Copyright Owner of "Recovery and Refining of Precious Metals" I have considered your request and am hereby advising that I will not give you permission to reproduce in any form or by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, scanning, recording, tape recording, or information storage and retrieval systems, any part of the book "Recovery and Refining of Precious Metals" Authored by C.W. Ammen.

Thank you for your request and honesty in asking for permission.

Best regards,

Garth Muran
President - Deep Rock Resources Inc.

Rusty
I will be antagonistic go and play in your other yard and stop posting garbage
get your facts straight so you posted garbage if you are going to post
Post facts that are true please stop with your games
I still wonder why are you still here have you asked yourself
this will be my last reply to you.
when Harold stated that he does everything by the book this is the way the forum will stay
if you what to do it your board do it we are not fools to listen with out the facts
i give your forum months before it crashes good luck but stop interrupting this forum

RikkiRicardo

sorry for the wording but very late over here
just hope everyone know who is try to interrupter the forum
there is a group and all will come out as it has been

RikkiRicardo

RikkiRicardo said:
Rusty
I will be antagonistic go and play in your other yard and stop posting garbage
get your facts straight so you posted garbage if you are going to post
Post facts that are true please stop with your games
I still wonder why are you still here have you asked yourself
this will be my last reply to you.
when Harold stated that he does everything by the book this is the way the forum will stay
if you what to do it your board do it we are not fools to listen with out the facts
i give your forum months before it crashes good luck but stop interrupting this forum

RikkiRicardo

I gave you my source of information, obviously this did not satisfy your need to try and provoke me.

In case you overlooked it the first time,

Gill,

As the Copyright Owner of "Recovery and Refining of Precious Metals" I have considered your request and am hereby advising that I will not give you permission to reproduce in any form or by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, scanning, recording, tape recording, or information storage and retrieval systems, any part of the book "Recovery and Refining of Precious Metals" Authored by C.W. Ammen.

Best regards,

Garth Muran

Rusty show me that they are the copyright owners facts
i did searches what you are showing is garbage from my searches. Show me facts

Rikkiricardo

My chief concern in this matter is how good and valuable information may be stolen from this forum, posted on the new one, founded by one of our readers. To that end, I have kept close watch on that board, to see what gets stolen and posted. That's a practice I hope to continue, and will encourage legal action against the ownership of the board should we discover we have been betrayed. Whether we prevailed in court,or not, the financial blow should be punishment enough for the theft of knowledge.

Interestingly, the pledge to the readers of the new board was that they could post on his board without fear of threat of being banned.

The power to dictate to readers can be intoxicating.

Remember how there was a complaint by their founder, one of the endless threats of being banned?

Here's his method of dealing with a subject that is a classic case of hypocrisy:

Re: C.W. Ammens Book, Recovery and Refining
Postby Ken_S » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:52 pm

rusty wrote:
The book is out of print, once inventory's have been depleted no further prints runs - I would expect the price of the book is going to increase.

I made a request to the copyright owner to use portions of Ammen's book for use on this forum as well GRF.

This is the reply I received from the copyright owner this morning.

Gill,

Best regards,

Garth Muran

To all members, This means DO NOT MENTION this book in any posts on this forum. DO NOT reference this book in this forum. Doing so will result in removal of your membership.

Thank you Rusty for posting this,
Ken
Safety is always First in refining precious metals!
Understanding is Learning - Learning is Understanding!
Ken_S
Site Admin

I want readers, here, to note that it is perfectly acceptable to make mention of the book. The only restraint should be to not reproduce its contents for publication on the forum.

It takes a great deal of restraint for a moderator to ban for the right reasons, as personal feelings must be overlooked, as they have been in my lashing out at Rusty when he was critical of our leader, Noxx. To have done so on the very forum that is owned by the leader is not acceptable, thus my comments had to be made, whether Gill and I are (make that *were*) friends, or not.

I can not permit readers to make denigrating comments against those who have provided the very means by which the comments were made public. To have done so shows a complete lack of class. Further, to suggest that to get banned would be one's pleasure, then to return to the same forum, where it has been made perfectly clear that the readership has no value, is, once again, a classic example of hypocrisy. Make up your mind, Gill. Are you in, or are you out? If you're in, make it known publicly, and behave accordingly. If you are out, I'll fulfill your wish to be banned. I don't want you here cluttering the board with your nonsense.

Harold

Harold_V said:
My chief concern in this matter is how good and valuable information may be stolen from this forum, posted on the new one, founded by one of our readers. To that end, I have kept close watch on that board, to see what gets stolen and posted. That's a practice I hope to continue, and will encourage legal action against the ownership of the board should we discover we have been betrayed. Whether we prevailed in court,or not, the financial blow should be punishment enough for the theft of knowledge.

Interestingly, the pledge to the readers of the new board was that they could post on his board without fear of threat of being banned.

Remember how there was a complaint by their founder, one of the endless threats of being banned?

Here's his method of dealing with a subject that is a classic case of hypocrisy:

rusty wrote:
The book is out of print, once inventory's have been depleted no further prints runs - I would expect the price of the book is going to increase.

I made a request to the copyright owner to use portions of Ammen's book for use on this forum as well GRF.

Gill,

Best regards,

Garth Muran

To all members, This means DO NOT MENTION this book in any posts on this forum. DO NOT reference this book in this forum. Doing so will result in removal of your membership.

Ken
Ken_S
Site Admin

I want readers, here, to note that it is perfectly acceptable to make mention of the book. The only restraint should be to not reproduce its contents for publication on the forum.

It takes a great deal of restraint for a moderator to ban for the right reasons, as personal feelings must be overlooked, as they have been in my lashing out at Rusty when he was critical of our leader, Noxx. To have done so on the very forum that is owned by the leader is not acceptable, thus my comments had to be made, whether Gill and I are (make that *were*) friends, or not.

I can not permit readers to make denigrating comments against those who have provided the very means by which the comments were made public. To have done so shows a complete lack of class. Further, to suggest that to get banned would be one's pleasure, then to return to the same forum, where it has been made perfectly clear that the readership has no value, is, once again, a classic example of hypocrisy. Make up your mind, Gill. Are you in, or are you out? If you're in, make it known publicly, and behave accordingly. If you are out, I'll fulfill your wish to be banned. I don't want you here cluttering the board with your nonsense.

Harold

This is an easy decision, GRF for me.

RikkiRicardo said:
Rusty show me that they are the copyright owners facts
i did searches what you are showing is garbage from my searches. Show me facts

Rikkiricardo

Here are all the details required to order Ammen's ( Recovery and Reining of Precious Metals ) second edition.

Attachments

• Capture222.PNG
    Capture222.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
The copyright remained with Ammen. That is clearly stated. Whether this entity has authority to reprint, or not, we can not say.

Looks like our friend RR was right.

Harold

Thanks Harold_V
Read /Search /Experiment
this is how i learn never believe anything with out the facts
keep up the great work

RikkiRicardo

Harold_V said:
The copyright remained with Ammen. That is clearly stated. Whether this entity has authority to reprint, or not, we can not say.

Looks like our friend RR was right.

Harold

I would have to agree. CW Ammen gave them permission, not the copyright. That copyright resides with whomever it was devised to.

rusty said:
Harold_V said:

rusty wrote:

Gill,

Best regards,

Garth Muran

Ken
Ken_S
Site Admin

Harold

This is an easy decision, GRF for me.

Welcome home brother! I like gill. Hell i like everybody here!
Have you ever known a family that didn't fuss? :lol:

Sometimes you learn the lesson the hard way... I have looked for a pdf of Ammens book before but now when I saw that there at least existed a pdf once I renewed my search for it. After almost an hour of fruitless searching only finding excerpts and sites that wanted payment for a possible copy (didn't believe them) I finally found that there is a copy on the university only ten minutes from me.

Dohhhh.... I should have searched there at first. :oops:

I'll borrow that book in a few days and then I can copy what I need from it. For a personal copy I'm allowed to make limited copies according to copyright regulations. The book will pass into public domain in May 30 2081 (life + 70 years) according to current copyright regulations but will probably be extended before Walt Disney loses it's copyrights.
Copying is not stealing (as told a couple of times on this thread and falsely stated by the copyright industry) just as speeding isn't stealing. Copyright is managed by it's own section in the law.
I'm going to stop here as this is close to political for me, I'm a member of the Swedish Pirate Party and reforming the copyright laws is one of our main focus points.

For those that don't want to spend the money on buying Ammens book I suggest talking to the library and make an inter library loan... I think it's called that in English.

Göran

Back