General Reaction List

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This post was created with the noob in mind; however, reading the links in the Guided Tour will bring new refiners and pros up to speed on the vernacular used here on the forum as well as educate them on the common processes.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Mark,

It's nice to know that despite it's age this post is still helping forum members.

Steve

It's now 2019 and it is helping me quite a bit!,
Thanks to everyone!

Myself being a noob I would like to express my appreciation of the work it took to compile all this information as well as gratitude for the wealth of knowledge available at no cost. Thank you!!!!
To the new members if you want to succeed and learn these skills then my suggestions are
1. Read C.M. Hokes (until you comprehend the information)
2. Search for your answer in the forum (alot of hard work went into posts don't be disrespectful and lazy)
3. Do not start using chemicals until you understand how to safely!!!!
4. Hard work pays off!!!! Do not try to rush or skip steps. You will lose gold, time, and risk your life and those around you.
5. READ HOKES.

Don't expect to be coddled on this forum they take their valuable time to help us out. If you don't put the effort into learning and are searching for "drive thru" service this is not the correct forum to join.

Hello Master Steve, physical methods were not mentioned. I would appreciate it if you could tell me about the physical processes for BGA processors, normal CPUs and socket pins before chemical processing.

Last edited:
Hello Master Steve, physical methods were not mentioned. I would appreciate it if you could tell me about the physical processes for BGA processors, normal CPUs and socket pins before chemical processing.
Please use normal text when posting, this is considered shouting and thus not polite.

The physical process is to pyrolize then roast, then grind/mill it to a fine powder.
This powder is then roasted again to ensure all Carbon is gone.
Next gravity separation.
This concentrate is then either smelted/melted or dissolved and precipitated as elemental Gold
Have you read this whole thread?

Edit, fixed grammar

Last edited:
Back