Glucose Test Strips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I have been able to find so far, the true test I am pretty sure is gold. the others I am guessing by the looks, but if anyone knows I would love to find out.

Attachments

• IMG_20130311_161245.jpg
    IMG_20130311_161245.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20130311_161332.jpg
    IMG_20130311_161332.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
no1special said:
Here is what I have been able to find so far, the true test I am pretty sure is gold. the others I am guessing by the looks, but if anyone knows I would love to find out.
Hi,

Is there way you could take a picture of the strip only and peeled off the plastic cover to see what is under the cover that way we will know for sure.

Thanks
Jack

Hi all,

Please check my process on how I am going to refine my strips. If anything need to be change or added to please inform me so I can fix it before I start anything.

DO ALL YOUR REFINING OUTSIDE TO BE SAFE FOR YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

This is going to be small runs to check yeilds on Glucose Test Strips. Hope there are good yields.

Step 1
1. Collect all the Gold Test Strip you can.
2. Then just peeled off the plastic cover on strips
3. The sticky adhesive is still there and it hard to remove it.
4. Good luck cleaning them.
Step 2
1. Put 222 Glucose Test Strips in a small glass jar.
2. Add 20ml Muriatic Acid 31.45% then add Unscented Bleach (small increments) and Stop adding when Gold is dissolve.
3. Filter the yellow liquid into a clean small glass jar. Filter 2 times with a coffee filter.
4. Wait 24 hours to sure there is no Bleach smell at all.
5. Use SMB (Sodium Metabisulfite) to drop the gold.
6. Stannous Chloride for testing for gold in the solution if none then wait over night.
7. Three Rinses with Clean Water and siphon off with each rinse.
8. Warm HCL bath for 20 min. and siphon off HCL.
9. Three Rinses with Clean Water and siphon off with each rinse.
10. Put small glass jar on a coffee warmer heat tell powder is dry.
Step 3
1. Melt your powder.
2. Show off your Gold button.

Thanks
Jack

Yes that is correct, the true test strips for use with the TRUE2go and TRUEresult meters are the ones I am now hunting for in earnest!

Attachments

• 130312_001.jpg
    130312_001.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 175
no1special said:
Yes that is correct, the true test strips for use with the TRUE2go and TRUEresult meters are the ones I am now hunting for in earnest!
Hi,

On those strips make sure you keep both parts cause you can pull gold off the strips.

Thanks
Jack

Jack is correct about that. My test results were based on doing 1000 accu-chek strips. After a nitric bath and wash to kill off any organic material I torched the strips slightly ( just enough to wither them) and pulled the upper plastic off. both parts then went into AR to disolve the gold. Allow a day to work as it needs to get under the glue. Precipitate, wash and melt. Total yield on the batch was 9.01 grams or .09 grams per 10 strips. Trying to process anything less than 50 strips at a time you will have a hard time seeing or finding the gold.

mdghamon said:
Jack is correct about that. My test results were based on doing 1000 accu-chek strips. After a nitric bath and wash to kill off any organic material I torched the strips slightly ( just enough to wither them) and pulled the upper plastic off. both parts then went into AR to disolve the gold. Allow a day to work as it needs to get under the glue. Precipitate, wash and melt. Total yield on the batch was 9.01 grams or .09 grams per 10 strips. Trying to process anything less than 50 strips at a time you will have a hard time seeing or finding the gold.
mdghamon,

I think those little strips have good yields. I know you use AP but I can't get Nitric Acid. I'm going to use HCL/CL but it should yield the same. I was going to do mind this week but to weather turn bad again. By the time I get to do mind I will have about 1500 strips

Thanks
Jack

just got some maybe silverplated ones, but in my first quick tests I could not dissolve the layers with heated 4M HNO3 with a small amount H2O2...I will post as soon as I have solved this little prob.

mdghamon,

I just check Spot Price and I say not bad. Spot on 1000 strips and 9.01 gram was per gram was $51.21 and total was $461.41 total. Good Job and thanks for sharing.

Thanks
Jack

solar_plasma said:
just got some maybe silverplated ones, but in my first quick tests I could not dissolve the layers with heated 4M HNO3 with a small amount H2O2...I will post as soon as I have solved this little prob.
Hi,

When I do Silver Glucose Test Strips I will try to help anyone out. I know it take Nitric Acid which I don't have. Sorry I can't help you.

Thanks
Jack

mdghamon said:

Well i'm sure all strips have different amoutns of gold, maybe the accu-chek strips have alot more then the true test ones which is what I did. Accoring to your numbers, I processed 56 strips which should yield me right around half a gram of powder (now keep in mind, i've processed .25 lbs of fingers before and have gotten .5 grams of gold powder). Well I did the 56 strips and all dissolved, but it barely turned the solution yellow and i dropped everything in it with SMB which was barely anything. I couldn't even see powder on the bottom of the beaker.

kkmonte said:
mdghamon said:

Well i'm sure all strips have different amoutns of gold, maybe the accu-chek strips have alot more then the true test ones which is what I did. Accoring to your numbers, I processed 56 strips which should yield me right around half a gram of powder (now keep in mind, i've processed .25 lbs of fingers before and have gotten .5 grams of gold powder). Well I did the 56 strips and all dissolved, but it barely turned the solution yellow and i dropped everything in it with SMB which was barely anything. I couldn't even see powder on the bottom of the beaker.
Hi,

Did you refine the part you pull off? If not there is gold on that part to. Did you clean the black and gray that was on the strips cause there is gold under it too. There is a lot of work on those strips to get them ready. I have over 500 of those strips. Just keep watching I will post the yield on them.

Thanks
Jack

Yes I refined all, i'll post pics (tomorrow) of the strips before and after if you don't believe me. LOL

kkmonte said:
Yes I refined all, i'll post pics (tomorrow) of the strips before and after if you don't believe me. LOL
kkmonte,

I believe you please don't take me wrong. I just to make sure you get all the gold. Are you using Muriatic Acid and Bleach?

Thanks
Jack

3. The sticky adhesive is still there and it hard to remove it.

I just laid 50 pieces stripped Aviva into nail polish cleaner (not acetone, but ethyl acetate) some days ago. The glue is almost gone by itself.

Have ordered 2000 pieces Aviva now :lol:

THANKS for sharing!!!!!!!

Just to get it right, when you talk about "chlorox" in this forum, do you really mean the leach which is sold as toilet cleaner, in germany called "danklorix" or "domestos"? If so, that must be a very cheap way.... *deeply thinking*

solar_plasma said:
Just to get it right, when you talk about "chlorox" in this forum, do you really mean the leach which is sold as toilet cleaner, in germany called "danklorix" or "domestos"? If so, that must be a very cheap way.... *deeply thinking*

Ja, HCl + Cl method means in German:
Salzsäure plus Chlorox (=Danchlorix).
Dont take Domestos, it contains too much other stuff.

Jack I'm so pleased to hear that you have found materials to process, I remember your first few months here when you couldn't find any material to work with, well done and keep searching you may find other sources of values, as I just posted in another thread the materials are out there you just have to keep looking, thinking and searching, again well done keep up the good work.

solar_plasma,

I just laid 50 pieces stripped Aviva into nail polish cleaner (not acetone, but ethyl acetate) some days ago. The glue is almost gone by itself.

That I will try this nail polish cleaner is it this type ethyl acetate? The word "Clorox" is the brand of Bleach and it is for washing and not for the toilet cleaner.

Thanks
Jack

EDIT: On my how to refine I took the word out "Clorox" cause it is a brand type.

Back