Gold inside chips (black, flatpacks - not CPU)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat, I finally got a chance yesterday to give incenarating a chance. I read the information that you've shared & also Samuel's & Kuma's.

I'll be posting the steps & also some pic's, thus sharing what I experienced thru the process.
I used of the B-B-Q's we don't use, (we have 2 more), fired up the charcoal & also a propane torch. After close to an hour they were ready for the mortar.

The pic is from 1.4# of ram chips.

Thank you & take care!

Phil

Attachments

• ew refining 2012 040.JPG
    ew refining 2012 040.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,074
can nayone reccomend a detailed step by step video tutorial with everything i would need to know and take into account. im new at this and am trying to do research beofre i try anything, safety precautions etc... thank you!

khaosodensland said:
can nayone reccomend a detailed step by step video tutorial with everything i would need to know and take into account. im new at this and am trying to do research beofre i try anything, safety precautions etc... thank you!

Lazer Steve has videos on his site, and DVD's for sale;
http://goldrecovery.us/pricing.asp

Samuel has videos on his site;
http://www.goldnscrap.com/

Jim

Well I am not skilled enough to make videos, that is why I just put pictures there. Well to be fair I have to say that I did this but some credit should go to Rusty and NoIdea gents who pretty much started it and I discussed on how to do it with Sucho. So I take it as collective effort. Anyone who will use this can contribute with his observations and we will perfect it in no time.

philddreamer said:
Pat, I finally got a chance yesterday to give incenarating a chance. I read the information that you've shared & also Samuel's & Kuma's.

I'll be posting the steps & also some pic's, thus sharing what I experienced thru the process.
I used of the B-B-Q's we don't use, (we have 2 more), fired up the charcoal & also a propane torch. After close to an hour they were ready for the mortar.

The pic is from 1.4# of ram chips.

Thank you & take care!

Phil

hey phil,

did you get a yield on those chips in the picture?even roughly.

Geo, I'm in the process of decanting the second boil of that material. Reaction stopped, so I'll be rinsing & then running it thru AR next.
I have another process going, 13 gold plated cards in AP.

Got back a while ago, it was our 43rd wedding anniversary; so I'm heading outback, need to catch up with the processes.

When I finish the incenarated batch, I'll post the results & more pic's.

Thanks for the interest.

Phil

im not sure whether it will help, but I've had an idea (boy did it give me a headache) :lol: . since hcl and nitrate is relatively inexpensive, i was considering using poor mans AR to remove the legs from the IC's before incineration.this would quickly remove alot of unwanted metal before the process even begins and because your incinerating anyway there's no problem moving to AP to remove more unwanted metal after incineration.just trying to nail down a process that can be the quickest and least troublesome.

43rd? Whole smokes man, congrats on the marathon hehe. Thought it was cool making it to 20th. I worship you Phil, your my idol. :p

Geo, I think that would add more time to the process & create for me more chemical waste... & there's a lot more unwanted metal inside.

Thank you Smack!
Well. when I got married, I knew it was "life without parole", but thought I could get "out" after 25 years, for good behaviour. Well, so much for that...
so, she threw away the key!!! :roll: :mrgreen:
Seriously, we've had good times & bad times, (because of my 18 years of heavy drinking & drugs :oops: ), but she stuck in there! I've been clean since 2000 & with NO cravings! She's the champ!!! 8)

Attachments

• DREDGING TRIP 5-'06 045.jpg
    DREDGING TRIP 5-'06 045.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 978
philddreamer said:
Seriously, we've had good times & bad times, (because of my 18 years of heavy drinking & drugs :oops: ), but she stuck in there! I've been clean since 2000 & with NO cravings!

I have more in common with you than I thought Phil, I too have been drug free since 2000, and had a tough lady that stuck with me through it all! Although I still enjoy a cocktail, but drinking has never been a vise for me.

A tip of the hat to you sir, I admire your strength and perseverance! :)

Congratulations Phil !

I haven't said much on this thread but I too am interested in the final yields. Just because we're silent, doesn't mean we're not watching.... :|

Phil,

i have to hand it to you buddy.you don't look anywhere close to sixty years old,i can only hope to look as fit as you do in another 10 years.

congrats on the anniversary, my wife and i are coming up on our 28th anniversary.

theres nothing like knowing that theres another person in this world that no matter what happens will never turn their back on you and i hope that it last for you and your wife forever and ever.

Cmon Phil, Is that pic 20 years old? :) Congrats on the recovery. All of it. You and your wife look great. Cheers to 12 years Phil. Hats off to you. And your sidekick. Cheers Mike........Now about those results...... :) Post when you can.

Hello all!
How are tricks today? I hope all is well!
Phil , I just wanted to also congratulate you on your 43rd wedding anniversary!
Nice work on the chips too! 8)
All the very best and kind regards for now ,
Chris :mrgreen:

philddreamer,

I too have much interest in your posts, but try not to clutter the thread.

Congratulations on surviving 43 year's, you are truly lucky to find a good woman, take good care of her, and remember she put up with you through hard time's now it may be your turn, I am wishing you both another 43 years of happiness together.

I have only been married 36 years, so I cannot really give you any advice, but from my experience we cannot get off on good behavior, as we have not had enough years of (Good) behavior yet. :twisted:

Sorry, I found what it is after doing a search:

flatpack - technical definition

A plastic, square surface mount chip package that contains leads (pins) on all four sides that extend straight outward. The leads are bent and cut for the specific application.

kadriver

Back