Help .Rock boiling water =?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to describe it better.
We can't see what this is.
To me it looks like some rocks in some boiling water.

Something boiling? Something dissolving? Four second video. No description.

Get with the program. Tell us what you are trying to do. Details.

Time for more coffee.

Boiling pyrite in either Peroxide or HCl. this is not a proper assay, Did it yield any Au? It looks to be barren, but, any luck? Little description of what you are doing would work wonders.

There are many rocks and minerals that react with peroxide. Some have a metallic appearance.

What other evidence do you have that your rock may be platinum? An assay, perhaps?

Time for more coffee.

Peroxide and a silver looking Rock I was trying to see u there is presents of platnuim
As Galenrog said, there are a plethora of minerals and substances that react with Peroxide.
Peroxide itself is unstable and decomposes slowly all the time.
As I see it Peroxide can't be used to test anything by itself.

Well it's the shine n the resistance to acids n it won't brake down to powder.no mater how much I grind it's way brighter the silver non megnetic it I roasted it got brighter IMG_20230418_124747.jpg

An assay shows low amounts silver but there just to much mineralization in these rocks has to be something more

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_021739.jpg
    IMG_20230419_021739.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Well it's the shine n the resistance to acids n it won't brake down to powder.no mater how much I grind it's way brighter the silver non megnetic it I roasted it got brighter View attachment 56604
Most oxides have a strong resistance to both heat and acids, most refractory materials are made out of oxides.

If you really want know if there are PGMs in there a NiS assay is needed.

An assay shows low amounts silver but there just to much mineralization in these rocks has to be something more
What else did the assay show? What kind of assay? Do you have the assay report available for review?

We can not help without knowing all available information.

Time for more coffee.

I am guessing it was zapped by the curse of the XRF, with the associated errors, hence the reading for PGMs. Pyrite in Quartz only means that the fault was open during the time of sulphidization. Sulphidization is frequently present, without always carrying Gold. A proper fire assay is the correct way to determine the presence, and quantity of Gold. Gold is usually the last mineral to be deposited in a deposit, due to the reduced temperature of deposition.
XRFs are a great prospecting tool, and can give accurate results on metals, but should not be solely relied upon for 100% accuracy. The lab is the place to get down to the nitty gritty.

Are the shiny parts electrically conductive? A grain of any metal will be very conductive, but a sulfide or mica (both of which can have a very shiny luster and be acid resistant) should be either a semiconductor (like galena) or an insulator (like mica).

Latest posts

Back