I Need a Little Help Please!!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update!!!!

Here's the video and photos as promised,a little late.
https://youtu.be/lxkVqp-iWHs

Hope you enjoy.Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSC00596.JPG
    DSC00596.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 102
  • DSC00595.JPG
    DSC00595.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 102
  • DSC00594.JPG
    DSC00594.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 102
Trust me! I get it! I ran out of oxygen melting a little over an ounce of silver.

Once you see a quiet induction melt with the nice mixing and the center of the melt sticking up out of the flux it's really hard to appreciate melting with a torch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palladium said:
So give us an update after a little experience with the machine.
Pros or cons?

Palladium

I'm not sure where to start,but here go's.

PRO's

Time is saved by being able to process bigger lot sizes.I just finished smelting 41 lbs of dried-up fixer material,which I had to pre-incenerate because of sulphur dioxide gases.I got 11 avoirdupois pounds of silver so far.

You can melt iron,cast iron,zinc,copper,silver,palladium,platinum,rhodium,and anything in-between.It makes doing MLCC's a breeze(crush add borax and pour).The palladium collects in the bottom of the crucible and if tempature is controlled right it will separate into its own button that gets stuck to the bottom of the crucible when you pour the junk metals and slag off.

You can melt pounds in minutes vs hours,which makes the turn around faster.The power consumption is very small and not alot of change in the power bill.

CON's

You are limited to coil size you can make for it.I had a coil made at 4.5inches in diameter and under the five feet max and I can't get it to reach the same temp as the smaller original coil.This also contributes to the crucible size in which you are able to use.You can only use graphite crucibles or any other kind that will allow conductivity.

I now know for sure that to run it on a continuous basis you need way more than 30gals of water.You can definitely make boiling water with only the 30gals.You also have to make sure to never touch the coil with the crucible while the furnace is on(if you do, look forward to eventually scraping up your charge from the floor)the sparks will be your warning of the failure.If you melt zinc in it always keep it covered or the oxygen from the air causes it to volatilize.

I don't know if this is what you were asking for Palladium,but this should be a start.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

Yeah, I've got one now....don't know if I would get one again or save for a bigger unit.

I really need 15 real kw. Or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back