In Memory Of Barren Realms 007

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a sad loss. About a year ago, Frank was traveling through my neck of the woods. He PMed me and wanted to get together. I had something going on that I thought I had to do. I sure wish I had met Frank and had postponed the other commitment.

When I first joined the Forum, Frank was one of several members here that took the time to guide me and help explaining the do's and don't...
I would call him and chat with him... sold boxes of material...

Very sad news indeed! My condolences to his family and friends. :cry:

Phil

Sad news indeed!! As Topher said he was a whily fellow but definitely out of due regard. R.I.P Frank. And condolences to the family!!

Geo said:
Frank passed away from complications of COPD. This strikes very close to home for me as I suffer from COPD myself. My heart goes out to his family and friends that knew him better than I did.

Geo

Thanks for providing this info :!:

And as well thanks for sending me a PM with his wife's name - I will now be sending a card to her (being as I already have Franks address)

As a note to the forum --- when I send the card - I will make a note in it to Franks wife & family that there was an over whelming response of sadness by our members for her & her family when we heard the news - & that he is/will be missed by many

Kurt

Yesterday when I went to town I picked up this card to send to Franks wife (& family)

I will sign the card; - From The Members Of The Gold Refining Forum

The words on the inside of the card say ---------

Although no words of sympathy can ease the loss you bear, still, may you find some comfort knowing others truly care

Because I want this card to represent our feelings in whole part as member of this forum I have also drafted the following letter to send with it - please let me know if this is a good representation of our feelings - or - if I need to edit it (make shorter - add something - change something) I will send the card on Monday

The letter ------------

To Tina Goe & The Family Of Frank Goe

We – the members of the Gold Refining Forum want you to know that you do not stand alone in the pain felt in the loss & passing of Frank

When we heard of Franks passing - there was an overwhelming response of sadness as well as words wishing you (Tina) & the Family of Frank well during this hard & difficult time

We want you to know that as an active & contributing member of our forum - Frank was a friend to many & had MANY friends – he was VERY much respected & considered a member of our extended family

The contributions Frank made to our forum were the contributions of a much respected teacher with the result of helping many learn the craft of refining precious metals

Though no words can ease the pain & sorrow you now feel – you can be VERY proud in knowing that Frank left behind a “legacy” --- a legacy not only in those he helped teach in the past – but a legacy that will continue to live on into the future to teach even more as his contributions will always be here to be seen & heard by others in the future

Frank is & will be missed by the many he has touched with his kindness & giving – but he will certainly not be forgotten

We can only hope that you find comfort knowing you are not alone in this time of loss

With Sincerity
The Members Of The Gold Refining Forum

That was very nice of you Kurt.
I and Frank conducted a lot of business in the early days of the forum.
I hate to see anyone pass on and you will be missed Frank. God speed !

Attachments

• Frank.jpg
    Frank.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 300
Very thoughtful and generous of you Kurt, and very well written -to say the least.

I know I was far from being Frank's favorite, but it is still a sad affair and has been on my mind a lot. Everyone here has something in common with one another, we are all pieces cut from the same, unique, cloth.

I guess a few philosophers from the 60s can sum up my feelings on the matter, much better than I can.

- I am he, as you are he, and you are me, and we are all together. -

RIP Frank, am moved by the sadness we feel of loosing you, yes your legacy lives till these forum group is alive.

Thanks Kurt for the Card.

palladium

Thank You for posting the pic of Frank 8) :!:

It is really nice to put a face to the name - especially being as how I had hoped/planned to meet with him in the future - which of course is not going to happen now :(

Kurt

RIP Barren Realms, condolences to the family. I believe your card and letter are more than satisfactory and appropriate Kurtak, good on ya and thanks.

My mother was doing fine (just aged) up until 3 months ago then suffered a major stroke that has taken her away from her independent lifestyle and will leave her in an institution for the rest of her life. Point is - one never knows when their last decent day will be. Don't let anger or bitterness or fear or hatred rule your life, live ever day like it may be your last. I know that is cliche but it is applicable here.

Back