Is it possible to test for Gold in urine?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can't make money on it, it isn't ore. Hopefully it isn't just another rock. Whatever, just don't step in it.
Kidney rock or was it stone.....? ;)

Let this one rest now, please.
It can be tested yes, but it has no value to be extracted.

That depends on how it got in the human body. Since we humans do not produce gold. Solids (dust, maybe even colloids) will not be in pee. It will be somewhere else...
That depends on the size of the particles, the kidneys will let a significant amount of material through without filtering it.
Even some material it should be stopping.
But now we are on the stage of semantics, are we not?

Scientists say that there is gold dissolve it in the sea water.

and Already dissolve it in many others solution.

I hear long time ago about an experiment some peoples do about
dissolving gold in a solution of iron sulphate and another chemical that I forgot the name.

the person said with that solution dissolve it
1 onza of gold in 6 weeks.

He said in nature that is how gold dissolve in solution.

maybe some of You guys hear about it.
Gold can be in solution in sea water, it's the question how it got there, and does not mean it dissolved by putting gold metal in sea water.
Gold is also soluble in ethanol, that does not mean there is gold in your scotch.
An Onza is a criptoid mexican cat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onza

Iron sulfate is a selective reducer for gold in solution, so dissolving gold with it would be interesting to study. Any more info?

Gold can be in solution in sea water, it's the question how it got there, and does not mean it dissolved by putting gold metal in sea water.
Gold is also soluble in ethanol, that does not mean there is gold in your scotch.
An Onza is a criptoid mexican cat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onza

Iron sulfate is a selective reducer for gold in solution, so dissolving gold with it would be interesting to study. Any more info?
Thank You đź‘Ť

hahaha I apology for that typo onza
I mean 1 ounce of gold

Yes is interesting that process
I will look around my archive
I have no idea where it is.
now that i have plenty of time to spare
I will try to find it.

I wish you well in this endeavor, Maget. I fear that even if you find detectable traces of gold, it will not be in economically recoverable quantities.

This is rediscovered every year or so with concern to seawater. In addition, every few years, someone in Iceland finds detectable gold when cleaning piping from geothermal wells. Thus far that, too, has been in uneconomical quantities.

Time for more coffee.

Is it possible to make a Gold cell and try make gold to stick to the Cathode steel rod or this will not work?
How much voltage and what material to use for Anode, carbon?

Is it possible to make a Gold cell and try make gold to stick to the Cathode steel rod or this will not work?
How much voltage and what material to use for Anode, carbon?
I really do not know, but anyway it will be so little it will not be visible to the naked eye.
I have no calculations on this but will be surprised if it would measure more than nanograms per liter.

I have stereo microscope for rock inspection and micro soldering, my purpose is to test my sample and see if there is more AU than it should, later I will tell why I have think there should be more, no matter of the results.

I have stereo microscope for rock inspection and micro soldering, my purpose is to test my sample and see if there is more AU than it should, later I will tell why I have think there should be more, no matter of the results.
I think you might need to ramp your microscope up to a Scanning Electron Microscope.

Hi
Urine can be very useful - exp to purify gold if needed, better way to produce KNO3 to neutralize acid - there are better methods - of course it can help recover gold and can also be helpful in some cases when finding gold .
jurek

Hi
Urine can be very useful - exp to purify gold if needed, better way to produce KNO3 to neutralize acid - there are better methods - of course it can help recover gold and can also be helpful in some cases when finding gold .
jurek
The only neutralizing needed, is for the waste treatment.

You know - the old gold diggers knewhow valuable is the camel shit from the temple Amon - and no one had heard of Moses then .
jurek

Back