Is it possible to test for Gold in urine?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I do know and that is that the old miner said that gold grows, I always thought it was an old story.

But I have looked in old mines in the old timber that water is depositing small layers of a mineral very similar to gold.

i never test it,but old miner said that is gold deposit in those old timbers inside the mine.

is crazy but is true.

It means that there is gold dissolved in that water of some mines.

and deposit when touched some kind of metals or woods.

Some scientists say that the gold nuggets in some rivers grow when the gold dissolved in those waters touches them.

for that reason we saw in museum Gold nuggets so big that I doubt it came from a vein.
Water from hydrothermal systems and that otherwise come seeping out of the rocks may have picked up some Gold in its way.
It is ripe good conditions in our Earth, high pressure high heat and acidic conditions.
Most will have deposited on the quartz and minerals it has met on its way to the surface.
But an every so slight amount may have been able to reach the surface.

Water from hydrothermal systems and that otherwise come seeping out of the rocks may have picked up some Gold in its way.
It is ripe good conditions in our Earth, high pressure high heat and acidic conditions.
Most will have deposited on the quartz and minerals it has met on its way to the surface.
But an every so slight amount may have been able to reach the surface.
Yes it is.

and is well known that rain can leach out gold from outcrops.
maybe the rain is acidic enough to do that.

Bruh if you really will do this then at least concentrate "the sample" by evaporation.
I wish you best of luck lol 😂
Yes agree, I was going to skip this step, but it will save me on Acids, will wait the temps outside to get warmer and do it.

We use acids to dissolve solid metals into solution. If you have gold in your urine, it's already in solution.
Good point Dave, the 3 forms I can imagine the gold to be in are cyanide, in which case you would be dead so we can eliminate that. The other 2 forms are chloride and iodide.

I'd still like to know what symptoms one has when suspected of suffering from golden pee.

Since a bit they say that gold don t come from earth but from a asteroid or more that crashed on the planet....
So can we have gold in pee?
You tell us i hope...

Good point Dave, the 3 forms I can imagine the gold to be in are cyanide, in which case you would be dead so we can eliminate that. The other 2 forms are chloride and iodide.

I'd still like to know what symptoms one has when suspected of suffering from golden pee.
Cyanide can be purposed from Peach pits, and if I remember correctly, some other fruit pits. While relatively small in quantity, it can be ingested, without deathly consequences. So I guess the best way to get higher quantities of Au in your urine, would be to pound the Goldschlager and Peach pits. This would effectively turn you into a walking heap leach pad.
Just thinking inside the box.

Just to add a bit of reality to this thread, why do you think you need acids? We use acids to dissolve solid metals into solution. If you have gold in your urine, it's already in solution.

Dave
Yes, it came in my mind last night, it was possible your comment.
I was about to come to ask in what kind of state it could be if there is Gold.
How to extract Gold if it's in those possible states described by @4metals ?

Last edited:
Scientists say that there is gold dissolve it in the sea water.

and Already dissolve it in many others solution.

I hear long time ago about an experiment some peoples do about
dissolving gold in a solution of iron sulphate and another chemical that I forgot the name.

the person said with that solution dissolve it
1 onza of gold in 6 weeks.

He said in nature that is how gold dissolve in solution.

maybe some of You guys hear about it.

Last edited:
Yes, it came in my mind last night, it was possible your comment.
I was about to come to ask in what kind of state it could be if there is Gold.
How to extract Gold if it's in those possible states described by @4metals ?
Every cell in our body contain particles in the nano scale or smaller, just loose particles floating in the water or air.
They are not in solution, just so small that they are not detected by our bodies.
Lately it has been focused a lot on "Microplastic" and there is no reason that the same would not be the case with any other substance on this planet.
In my mind at least.
So it will be small clusters of metallic Gold floating around in any liquid, if so it can be collected by dissolving
or better concentrating by centrifuges and then dissolved.
Just be aware, you are guaranteed to lose money.

Scientists say that there is gold dissolve it in the sea water.

and Already dissolve it in many others solution.

I hear long time ago about an experiment some peoples do about
dissolving gold in a solution of iron sulfate and another chemical that I forgot the name.

the person said with that solution dissolve it
1 onza of gold in 6 weeks.

He said in nature that is how gold dissolve in solution.

maybe some of You guys hear about it.
There is Gold in sea water, the Germans tried to "mine" it during WW2.
Not successful as far as I heard.
But in what form it is, I do not know.

Oh my... I did hear that cows are machines which make the grass drinkable.. :)) :)) :)) but this.... this is another level... its like .... i have popcorn, let`s see where this is goning... :)) :))

Back