• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Keyboard little boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
testerman said:
I'll send you some boards out to you, but it'll be at least a week before I get them together, because I'm going to have to cut them down, because I'm not wanting to pay to ship trash to you.

I have enough for you to work with. I started to keep them since I saw the gold fingers, but I I'll send you some in hopes that you'll be able to inform the forum of the yields, as to what they will bring.

I'll contact you and post here once I send them out.

Kevin
Thanks testerman be looking for them and hope to get some good yields to share with other members.

Again thanks
Jack

jmdlcar said:
testerman said:
I'll send you some boards out to you, but it'll be at least a week before I get them together, because I'm going to have to cut them down, because I'm not wanting to pay to ship trash to you.

I have enough for you to work with. I started to keep them since I saw the gold fingers, but I I'll send you some in hopes that you'll be able to inform the forum of the yields, as to what they will bring.

I'll contact you and post here once I send them out.

Kevin
Thanks testerman be looking for them and hope to get some good yields to share with other members.

Again thanks
Jack
Jack, I'll get those samples out to you in the beginning of next week. I found the box I had them in and I need to cut off the wires to reduce the weight. If you're interested, I can sell you all the boards that I have that have the fingers on them. There should be around 2 - 5 lbs worth.

PM me or post here if you're interested. Either way, I'll still send you a sample batch to work with.

Kevin

jmdlcar said:
Hi all,

I want to check the yield on them so other know the yield. I'm just waiting tell I get enough of them to check. I don't want them to go in the unwanted bin or get throw out.

Jack

Yield of what?
There may be some IC on them but not much anyway. I dont know but I think that mylar may contain more value than board if we talk about precious metals.

patnor1011 said:
jmdlcar said:
Hi all,

I want to check the yield on them so other know the yield. I'm just waiting tell I get enough of them to check. I don't want them to go in the unwanted bin or get throw out.

Jack

Yield of what?
There may be some IC on them but not much anyway. I dont know but I think that mylar may contain more value than board if we talk about precious metals.
Under the solder mask there is gold and it is not copper. If you take knife and mark on the solder mask you will see gold color. Just check it out.

Jack

Hi all,

I don't know why no one has ever refine any of those little keyboard boards? Unless there is a little work to get ready to refine.

I only work 3 days a week so the other 4 is set aside for other thing to do but most of the time I watch tv or on the internet. When ever I get any e-scrap I get so happy to have something to do. I just can't wait tell the weather gets better. To set up my shop or lab to refine what I have but not a hole lot right now.

Thanks
Jack

jmdlcar said:
Hi all,

I don't know why no one has ever refine any of those little keyboard boards? Unless there is a little work to get ready to refine.

I only work 3 days a week so the other 4 is set aside for other thing to do but most of the time I watch tv or on the internet. When ever I get any e-scrap I get so happy to have something to do. I just can't wait tell the weather gets better. To set up my shop or lab to refine what I have but not a hole lot right now.

Thanks
Jack
Jack, I'll be sending you approximately 1 lb worth of boards early this week. Although there is gold on them, there are some things to consider....

* There is gold plated fingers only on one side of them.
* The rest of the same board may very well be copper that is under the solder mask. I'll let you do your homework on them.
* Each board only has one ic chip on them. The chip is probably at least half, or near half the weight of the board itself.

If you want the complete board (minus the wiring) I'll send them, but I think the rest under the solder mask is copper, which is why they probably used solder mask in those areas. Never-the-less, I'll just cut off the wires and send 1 lb worth of them and do whatever you need to do to recover some gold.

Kevin

testerman said:
jmdlcar said:
Hi all,

Thanks
Jack
Jack, I'll be sending you approximately 1 lb worth of boards early this week. Although there is gold on them, there are some things to consider....

* There is gold plated fingers only on one side of them.
* The rest of the same board may very well be copper that is under the solder mask. I'll let you do your homework on them.
* Each board only has one ic chip on them. The chip is probably at least half, or near half the weight of the board itself.

If you want the complete board (minus the wiring) I'll send them, but I think the rest under the solder mask is copper, which is why they probably used solder mask in those areas. Never-the-less, I'll just cut off the wires and send 1 lb worth of them and do whatever you need to do to recover some gold.

Kevin
I will share the info on them when I refine them. Can't wait tell next week to get them. Just cut the cable off of them to save weight.

Jack

testerman,

Have you sent it yet? Or is it going to be next week like the last 3 weeks you have told me? How hard is it to put in a box and mail it. If you think I will forget it I won't. So just mail what you said.

Jack

jmdlcar said:
testerman,

Have you sent it yet? Or is it going to be next week like the last 3 weeks you have told me? How hard is it to put in a box and mail it. If you think I will forget it I won't. So just mail what you said.

Jack

:shock: Wow!

jmdlcar said:
testerman,

Jack
Hey Jack, your post was uncalled for. You didn't have to do that. You could have, and should have pm'd me and ask me about them, but you want to make this public. Since it is now, let me explain a few things so other members can, and will see that you're out of order.

Answers to Your Questions

jmdlcar said:
Have you sent it yet?
No.

jmdlcar said:
Or is it going to be next week like the last 3 weeks you have told me?
I told you on Feb 21st, that I would send out some to you the following week. Go to page 1 and you'll see when I wrote it. It's not even two weeks yet, so I never said that 3 weeks ago.

jmdlcar said:
How hard is it to put in a box and mail it
It's not hard at all, but being as though you're not paying for the shipping, I would think that you would be patient and wait until I ship them.

jmdlcar said:
If you think I will forget it I won't. So just mail what you said.
Ok... since you won't forget, don't forget this either...... I was GIVING the boards to you. I was PAYING to ship them to you. What did you offer me in return? Oh yeah... I remember... you offered me a trade for those non-gold bearing pins you sent me without my knowledge when you sent me just a bit under 1 lb of mylars. You pulled a fast one on me with that. I told you that I don't want your pins because they're not even worth refining. That's approximately 4 lbs of junk you sent to me. Like I said before, I'll send your pins back because I never refined pins for anyone and yours alone aren't worth it. They're mostly silver colored, with hardly no gold on them, and let's not forget the bag of green pins that look like they have been sitting in something, then dried out. There's noting gold on those pins. They're 100% green, molded.

I'm not sure why you came off on me like that, but I didn't deserve that from you. It appears that you don't appreciate getting something for nothing.

As for your mylars, make your comments about them in the other thread I created for my mylar processing services.

So, in closing, I gathered the boards I have and you can have them if you are willing to pay to ship them along with your pins. They won't fit in a Small Flat Rate Box. Other than that, you make arrangements to pay to have me ship the pins back to you.

There's a member here that has been waiting a few months for me to send him something in return for what he did for me, and to this day, he still haven't complained or bad mouthed me like you did. He's patient and I'm going to send him what I said I would.

It would be in your best interest, so not to cause any arguments on this great forum is to pm a person if you have a problem, and especially if you haven't paid for what you're having a problem with.

Personally, I think you owe me an apology.

Kevin

[UPDATE]
I want to personally apologize to the forum and all members, including Noxx and the moderators for me even posting a reply, but I felt it was needed because I needed to publicly defend myself since the post was publicly made against me. At least everyone can know both sides of the story.

Once again, I'm sorry for the disruption.

If you didn't like what I sent you should have return to to sender. I do send you PM but there only one way your way and none my way. I did send you something. My wife and my son said good luck getting anything back from him. They both said he is a taker and he don't like to give back.

If you sent the stuff it to me. I would have sent the stuff you wanted back. That make both of us a good trade on the forum.

I'm not going to send you any money you owe me something. Send my stuff back or send what your going to send me. So we can close our deal. Please..

Jack

jmdlcar said:
If you didn't like what I sent you should have return to to sender. I do send you PM but there only one way your way and none my way. I did send you something. My wife and my son said good luck getting anything back from him. They both said he is a taker and he don't like to give back.

If you sent the stuff it to me. I would have sent the stuff you wanted back. That make both of us a good trade on the forum.

I'm not going to send you any money you owe me something. Send my stuff back or send what your going to send me. So we can close our deal. Please..

Jack
You're incorrect on everything you said. You sent me something without my knowledge. Ok.. you win. I'll send everything back to you as you sent it to me. And make sure that I'm not even going to process the mylars because I don't want you saying "He only sent me 6 grams of silver back". Remember, you sent me a Small Flat Rate Box, which has 3 bags of pins, and less than 1 lb of mylars. (approximately 15 grams per lb. / 2 = 7-1/2 grams +/- for each of us) I will post pictures of all items on the scale. I am going to take pictures and post them so you should be honest enough to say "Yeah, that's what I sent him". Make sure you make that part public too.

I was willing to help you out, but you think I owe you more than maybe 6 grams of silver.. Don't forget... I had no knowledge of you sending me those pins at all, but I'll bite that bullet and send everything back to you as you sent it all to me. I didn't owe you those boards I was going to pay 100% to send to you. It was a gift to you from me, but I see how that turned out.

On the same note: Ask anyone that is in Tennessee that does refining outside how many good enough days they had Since December to do refining outside, dealing with all the acids, and then the winds blowing. And let's not forget the rain we've been having.

Now that this is off my chest, I'm not upset anymore with you, and I'm gong to leave it like that.

On a closing note: Once I pay to send your material back, I'm going to PM you the tracking no# and I'm gong to post it here too. It doesn't disclose any personal information. It only shows where its destination is and when it was sent. That's all. And that's it!

Kevin

testerman,

I will tell you how nice I can be. You send back my stuff and the boards you said you were going to send me. Then when I get the package I will send you a money order for half of the shipping or $10.00 you choose one. I would like to check the yield on the boards. Is that fair on my part. I don't like to rip anyone off.

Jack

jmdlcar said:
testerman,

I will tell you how nice I can be. You send back my stuff and the boards you said you were going to send me. Then when I get the package I will send you a money order for half of the shipping or $10.00 you choose one. I would like to check the yield on the boards. Is that fair on my part. I don't like to rip anyone off.

Jack
The thought of you ripping me off never crossed my mind. Not for one second. You didn't owe me nothing and I didn't ask for anything, so I wasn't at risk of being ripped off.

Like I said before, and I'm being a nice guy too... If you want the boards, along with all your material, make arrangements to send me $10. Other than that, I'll pay the $5.80 it's going to cost me to send all of your original material back to you. Now that is fair. No loss on either end.

Also, since there won't be much on the mylars anyway, I can send you the boards, keep the pins and mylars and just give you $8 for the mylars. Doing it that way, we're trading the pins for the boards, and I'm simply paying you for the mylars. I'll still pay to ship the boards to you. Sound fair?

Kevin

[UPDATE]
Through the advise of a member, my best bet is to just return all the original material and be done with it. That was my first intuition anyway, and I'm going to do just that. We don't need the drama on the forum, and I won't be replying back to this thread except the fact that if someone wants to buy/trade for 1 lb of these boards, make me an offer I won't refuse. :mrgreen:

Case Closed!

testerman,

Sound good to me. How soon will it be ? Hope this week. Besides it will make my wife and my son happy. I'm getting a lot of heat over this. They want me to get out and just buy Silver and Gold but that not what I want so I have to hide everything I get. This has happen 1 other time when a member gave me some stuff and she threw it out. Now I have a lock box to keep it in.

Jack

jmdlcar said:
testerman,

Sound good to me. How soon will it be ? Hope this week. Besides it will make my wife and my son happy. I'm getting a lot of heat over this. They want me to get out and just buy Silver and Gold but that not what I want so I have to hide everything I get. This has happen 1 other time when a member gave me some stuff and she threw it out. Now I have a lock box to keep it in.

Jack
Read my [UPDATE] right above your last reply.

Kevin

Send tracking number when you mail it back. Send it to me in a PM.

Jack

Hi all,

I would like to get at first 1 pound of them. With no wires everything else is ok they should fit in a USPS small box. 1 pound should be enough to check the yield on. I will buy more after I refine them.

If anyone has any of those little board and want to sale them. Send me PM on how many you have and I can send the money with PayPal.

Thanks
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back