Old Nintendo games

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two old consoles I can't bare to throw away but also can't figure out how they work. An old Unisonic 2000 Pong console and commodore 64

These are collectors items if they work. The commodor 64 is worth about $30-$40. The Unisonic 2000 Pong is about $125. I'de sell 'em on ebay before I scraped them.

Commodor 64:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-64-early-REV-Revision-A-1982-tested-working_W0QQitemZ130265907879QQihZ003QQcategoryZ74945QQssPageNameZWD7VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em123

The UNISONIC TOURNAMENT 2000 PONG:
http://cgi.ebay.com/UNISONIC-TOURNAMENT-2000-PONG-IN-BOX-RARE-WORKS-F145037_W0QQitemZ320290005195QQihZ011QQcategoryZ139971QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

That's what I'm missing that rf converter. I tried a new one had and it didn't work... The unit itself powers on.

A little knowledge about the scrap we collect could give great rewards.

I picked up a mini computer a year ago, two cabinets with CPU, disk and other stuff. Totally about 200 kg and I figured that I would get in the vicinity of $150 for the metals and electronic scrap after taking out any gold.

But a little research (searching among completed ebay auctions) told me that some cards was worth money, up to $100 for a core memory board. So I put part of it up on Ebay and watched the results... The first 20 cards brought in $1650. A lot of the cards I thought was worthless, even the fingers were tin plated, brought in over $100 per card!
In the end the 2 pdp8e systems sold for close to $4500, about $10 per pound of scrap computer.
http://www.neab.net/pdp-8e/
:lol:

Together with the computers there were some process control equipment that had no commercial value... but it had cards with gold fingers and heavy duty connectors, all gold plated. That part went into my gold refining. :)

So, before just scrapping an unknown device check Ebay and learn what it is you are scrapping. After a while you get a feeling for what is worth the hassle and what is not. As a rule, any computer from 1980 and older is worth checking out. If you do't find it on Ebay and it's old it could be really expensive.

/Göran

I once had an old motorcycle that I took to a swap meet to try to sell. Nobody had any interest in it. At the end of the show a couple people asked about parts and I ended up selling the gas tank and carburators from it and had to haul the rest home. It ended up being given to a neighbor for scrap. I would have been better off taking only a box of parts instead of the whole bike but you never know until you try. E-bay probably would have been a better place to get rid of the separate parts and I might have gotten more for it that way since there may have been more people bidding on it. It could be the same way for old computers and such. A single card or part of a device might bring more than the entire unit would since the shipping would be much less.

Just a thought. The time you spend posting an item on e-bay and then answering numerous questions may outweigh any profit you might get but a quick search to see what other similar items sold for could help determine if you should give it a try or just scrap it for the metals.

Like many things it is a gamble and you will probably always wonder what if reguardless of what you do.

Take it from me (the 800 pound gorilla of the computer collecting world): old computers are usually worth far more in collectable value than any precious metals they may harbor on their parts.

That PDP/8e systems that Göran sold off as parts would have been worth $3-5K PER SYSTEM as a complete machine. You robbed yourself, and I'm sure not a few of my fellow collectors stumbled upon those eBay auctions and cringed.

But, you didn't know, so what can you do. Live and learn. With the economy tanking the prices on stuff like this are dropping. But still, without all the work of tearing those systems apart, you still could've easily sold them off for more than the $4,500 you realized by selling them for parts.

Please, for future reference, anyone thinking about scrapping an old computer, especially something earlier than the 1980s, should first run it by me. I'll be happy to give you a quick appraisal. Contact me here, or through either of my websites: vintage.org or vintagetech.com.

As a complete machine in running order maybe... and not in northern part of Sweden. The machine had cut cables and never been run in 20 years. It needed a lot of work.

It was actually advertised on the classic computer list so I don't think too many collectors missed it.
Anyhow, I rather moved it fast as it took up too much space in my apartment.

I do have a ND-100, Norsk Data mini computer and I'm looking for parts or complete machines from Norsk Data. I'm also looking for Datapoint 2200 computers and Data Automation naked mini computers.
Send me a PM if you have some.

The point is, don't get blinded by a small amount of precious metal. If you find some old computer equipment try to find out if it is valuable. If you need help, send Chumbawamba or me a PM and we will try helping identifying the computer.

Oh, hey, your name seems familiar. I'm not subscribed to the CC list anymore but follow it occasionbally in the archives.

Speaking of ND, there is this younger kid (he's probably in his early twenties by now) on the CC list who has one. I am forgetting his name currently, but I believe he also lives in Sweden, or it might've been Norway. Anyway, one of the Nordic countries. Do you know who I'm talking about? He also has a PDP-7 he was trying to bring back into working order.

I'm surprised no one went for the PDP 8/e on the CC list, but then if you moved it fast then it probably didn't give anyone a chance to decide. Even with cut cables there was still a chance to restore it, and surely someone in Europe would have readily paid you for it since shipping would not have been horrible.

Anyway, oh well.

You are talking about Tore in Oslo, Norway. That is way south of me, close to a 1000 km drive. I have talked to him about the ND machines.

The first of my PDP8/e machines were already in pieces and was missing the power supply so it was a no brainer to sell it as parts. Then I didn't want to split the rest of the system, I wanted it to be as complete as possible so I put it out for bids during two weeks and it was finally shipped to a collector in Austria.
My sales page The ROM programmer was really the rarity I was told.
And the collector that got the system Look at februari 2008 delivery.

Gerhard that bought the system is on the cctech list. I know that several other buyers is also on the list.

I know that I probably had earned more if I had split the second system and sold it in parts but I have a soft spot for these old systems and wanted it to be restored.

:D

I know this is a super old thread but I had to create an account because these forums have better information the others I've been in... I would have cheered this guy on... but that's just me I collect and I game but if he's recycling a copy of the game I've been collecting mines one step closer to being worth what I think it should be worth.... and I grew up on these old amazing games

I know this is a super old thread but I had to create an account because these forums have better information the others I've been in... I would have cheered this guy on... but that's just me I collect and I game but if he's recycling a copy of the game I've been collecting mines one step closer to being worth what I think it should be worth.... and I grew up on these old amazing games
Welcome to us.
We do mostly refining and recovery, though some a re collectors as well.
You just revived a thread from 2009.

Welcome to us.
We do mostly refining and recovery,
That's how I found this forum I was trying to see if anyone knew the actual ammount of gold value to nes games cuz I'd buy in bulk if the recovery was worth it but I'd save 1 of every working original I'd buy just knowing that each game gone has the possibility to make mine more valuable... but I do a lot more then just recovery and from the forums I've read this site sticks to facts not being dickheads... so account made. And imagine the bulk cost of nes games from 08 to bulk cost now!

That's how I found this forum I was trying to see if anyone knew the actual ammount of gold value to nes games cuz I'd buy in bulk if the recovery was worth it but I'd save 1 of every working original I'd buy just knowing that each game gone has the possibility to make mine more valuable... but I do a lot more then just recovery and from the forums I've read this site sticks to facts not being dickheads... so account made. And imagine the bulk cost of nes games from 08 to bulk cost now!
Likely about 25mg gold. 😊

Janie

My thoughts exactly. That 3 to 5 dollars was 14 years ago. My wife would have a big problem with me scrapping anything from Nintendo. (She is still collecting🤣🤣)

Back