Precipitation gold mistakes

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a glowing reference for the education system in 'California'

Seriously, it . . . is . . . time . . . to . . . stop . . . experimenting

You would have been much better off coming to this forum and spending a few weeks reading before jumping into dissolving very safe metals into very poisonous / dangerous solutions.

You learn by taking it one step at a time, recovering a bit of gold from some gold plated ram fingers is a great way to learn. It will be nearly impossible for us to help you at the point where you are now.

It's not good to come here for judging people you dont know, I am 3 years studying science of materials, it's just questions I asked for !?

Kaci, you made a mess. There is no single, easy solution to recovery of precious metals from the mess you created. This gives you two principal options: Go the easy route and simply dispose of all your solutions and materials as hazardous waste, or you could do what the budding refiner would do and learn how to do it right. If you properly store your solutions and materials and follow the advice previously given, you may, in a few months, have gained the expertise to understand what you did wrong. Once you have done this, you may be able, with a little help, be able to fix the mess you made.

It does not matter what you have studied in the past. You could have a PhD, and you would not impress me. There have been many before you who have screwed up their first time out. There will be many more to follow. Unless your previous experience is in mining or refining you enter here as a clean slate.

Time for more coffee. The drive thru down the block makes a decent breve.

Also, stay away from YouTube. In this field, YouTube can kill. I will let you figure out why.

It's ok I will figure out , I will start to desolve all material in the filter and after that I will see what happens, and the solution I will take out the copper there is a lot, I did experience today with electrolyte so I made the cathode copper and the anode with led , the result is more copper come out after filtering I see more green prouder .

Kaci,
Many of the members are trying to help you.
But you seem to know better.

At this point you still have your gold, you just do not have what it takes to get it, if you keep going this way you may lose more than just your gold, you can lose your health and put others around you in danger.

I do not care how much gold you have in this mess, it is not worth your health.

If you want to learn this, it takes time and study, at this point you believe you know and understand enough to be able to recover and refine gold, or experiment your way through it.

That is a good way to lose a lot of gold.

My suggestion.
Dry any powders you have now and save them.
Put a large piece of copper in any solution you have now, to cement out any values. Dry and save the powders these will be your values.
study this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactivity_series

After removing solids from solution put iron metal into the liquid, this will make a new powder precipitate of the dissolved metals below iron in the reactivity series. Bring the pH of the solution to pH 10, let solids powders settle (decant solution and dry these powders, bring the liquid back down to pH 7.

Read this for better details, and a better understanding of the procedures.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1300

Now we can get your gold back fairly easy. the procedure to recover you gold from this mess will not be hard, but I believe it would be better to do a little more study before attempting, as it can also be dangerous, if proper precautions and procedures are not followed.

If you follow the above procedure and study the links we can further discuss the completing the recovery of your values.

But lets discuss and learn more about how to do it properly and safely before we begin.

PS try and use the spell check, we are not judging you.

You have made every mistake you could so far, working with dangers you do not even know exist, so far you cannot get your gold through experimenting and trial and error, what knowledge you have now is not working, and further experimenting will change nothing, watching you tube will not help.

But you have what you need right here on the forum, from people who have made the same mistakes as you, willing to help you learn this skill as they have, and the forum full of all of the information you need.

So stop playing around dangerously experimenting with your health and the safety of others.

Step back and see that you have gold fever, which makes you impatient for gold, and oblivious to taking time to learn how to get it. Understand you need more knowledge and skill, study, which takes time. Take good advice offered by your friends on the forum, and learn to recover and refine precious metals, this is a skill a science art and profession you do not learn from you tube or from advanced level college science's. This is a skill that takes a lot of study and knowledge, and understanding (which is a slow process of learning at first).

None of us learn it overnight it is something we will be learning more about for our whole career or lifetime and still only touch the surface of all there is to learn.

Patience, taking time to studying before jumping over into the unknown, to try things you think will work, taking time to understand the principles and basics of the skill and science. Gold fever if not kept in check is dangerous to your health, it can take away your common sense, and can make it extremely hard to learn something that could be fairly easy, if you had some patience.

The first thing to learn is to stop trying things to see if they will work, or trying things we really have no understanding of.

Recovery and refining looks so simple if you do not know anything about it,
once you start learning it you begin to see how very complicated it is.
and it becomes so simple again once you get an understanding of the basic principles, but it is never simple, and you will never learn everything about it all.

Lets get you through this mess so we can begin to help you learn to recover and refine.

At this point you do not even know how to dissolve these metal properly, for that matter you do not even know how to prepare them before they even see acid, face it your clueless and do not even know it yet, with all of the symptoms of gold fever.

No problem we have all been there and done that, were just trying to help you avoid many of the same mistakes.

Kaci said:
I used like more then 1 liter of nitric , that's truth maybe it's in the filter , but I watched the filter using more then 2 gallons of water is that no problem ?
to much nitric will give you aprobleme to much water will give you a probleme try to evaparate lower the volume of lquid and add hcl and after that nitric slowly till every thing desolve then you have to use urea make sure you take off the nitric .

giom said:
Kaci said:
I used like more then 1 liter of nitric , that's truth maybe it's in the filter , but I watched the filter using more then 2 gallons of water is that no problem ?
to much nitric will give you aprobleme to much water will give you a probleme try to evaparate lower the volume of lquid and add hcl and after that nitric slowly till every thing desolve then you have to use urea make sure you take off the nitric .
add urea with water till solution dont fiz no more that way you will knew nitric is gone dont add more water leave it in acidic side let it cool take a sample add smb see what hapen

No offense intended here giom,
with two posts to your name on the forum and being new to this board, you advise here to Kaci, will not help him any, it would only lead to his next problem, and more after that.

The blind should not lead the blind.

butcher said:
No offense intended here giom,
with two posts to your name on the forum and being new to this board, you advise here to Kaci, will not help him any, it would only lead to his next problem, and more after that.

The blind should not lead the blind.
thank you sir you right may be i made mastake i was only trying to help .and what i said was my experince with gold ore may be i was wrong .and i said that so he dosnt waste the liqiud .thank you i do prolgise again

Giom my friend, we can only help with what we understand, We all can learn much from you, as I am sure I will.
Thank you sir, for being helpful now, it just that our new members are putting themselves in danger.

Urea and nitric can make a great bomb, besides that, without education of the dangers involved toxic gases deadly waste, metal chemistry and explosive metal salts... we need to shift their attention away from doing dangerous things because of their gold fever jumping into a dangerous chemical reaction with basically no clue of the dangers of the chemistry they are playing around with to get gold, or more likely loosing gold through clueless to all of the dangers.

You, sir, are someone I would like to meet.
:wink:

Any one come here know how dangerous the metal chemicals is ?!!! So we want to know how we can reduce this fume , my second question is any body can told me what is the white poder stock in the copper plat I did in solutions???

Kaci said:
Any one come here know how dangerous the metal chemicals is ?!!! So we want to know how we can reduce this fume , my second question is any body can told me what is the white poder stock in the copper plat I did in solutions???

Do you plan on getting rich to pay doctors, or for your funeral?
Sometimes it isn't worth it, especially if you rush into it without studying safety.
Where are you conducting your experiments? (second time asking you this)

Copper can make a white salt, so can many of the other metals.

We only think we know something until we learn about it.
Then we actually learn how much we do not know.
It is when you know that you do not know, that you can truly begin to learn.

You cannot teach or help someone who knows it all (or believes that he does).

that poor man will go on knowing it all, (losing the true rich's) oblivious to how much he could learn if he would only see he does not know as much as he believes he does.

I have studied in depth the dangers for over a decade, and I know that I have only touched the surface of what I need to learn.

I cannot help, if you do not want the help, or if you already know.
Take our word for it.

You do not know the dangers involved, trust us, and start studying the safety section (which covers only a few of the basic dangers involved, and how to deal with them.
The safety section, and dealing with waste which is extremely helpful in keeping you safe and those around you, with some basic understanding of the dangers, But all of us should expand our own research and study to further educate ourselves of what the forum does not cover, about the dangers of things we all do not know and do not even know that we do not know.

I know I do not know enough, so I will keep studying.

I know the little bit of gold I get, could not cover the medical bills that I could have if I did not study the dangers. What good is gold to dead, or dying men Who thought they knew it all?

An extremely knowledgeable scientist who was very educated in this field, and in the dangers involved in working with them, died, from working with these dangerous metal salts, (may his soul be blessed, and rest in peace), what chance do we have without at least a little of the education that he had?

Hi there , so think you for your information about answer my questions about the white stuff, I throw the solution,after testing it no gold on it , so the gold it still in the filter with other material , I need to melt all materials in the filter after that I wil desolve it again and tray one more time

I would not melt anything from the filters. If there are loose metal pieces I would dissolve them as they are. If there are solids left that are stuck in the filter you can incinerate them (but don't melt anything) then process the ash. Harold has a great post on incinerating filters.
It is good to see you put this experiment aside for a while. Did you learn how to treat your waste solution before you got rid of it? How did you test the solution was free of values?

Kaci said:
Hi there , so think you for your information about answer my questions about the white stuff, I throw the solution,after testing it no gold on it , so the gold it still in the filter with other material , I need to melt all materials in the filter after that I wil desolve it again and tray one more time

I imagine 'California' would be very strict about people 'throwing' solutions.

We need people can halp to get more solutions about science, not peoples come here losing time

bigpagoda said:
I would not melt anything from the filters. If there are loose metal pieces I would dissolve them as they are. If there are solids left that are stuck in the filter you can incinerate them (but don't melt anything) then process the ash. Harold has a great post on incinerating filters.
It is good to see you put this experiment aside for a while. Did you learn how to treat your waste solution before you got rid of it? How did you test the solution was free of values?

Attachments

• B2F96733-2FEB-4E10-BBB3-A1A1A68462A2.png
    B2F96733-2FEB-4E10-BBB3-A1A1A68462A2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
Back