Precipitation gold mistakes

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is very difficult to tell what I am looking at in that photo. If that is powder residue in a dry filter it was definitely not fully dissolved. I cant tell from the picture if any of it is metal, ceramic, or plastic. If any of it is metal there is a chance you did not throw away all of your gold. You still have not said if you have stannous chloride for testing your solutions (You are going to need some.) How much of this powder do you have and is it all in the filters? You will have to give some answers if we are going to be able to help you.

Butcher,

I applaud you for your patience. This sounds like a classic Shore problem...they make it sound so easy!

1 liter of Nitric is a REALLY lot of Nitric acid, depending on concentration of course.

Listen to the good words & learn just a little more. It will open your eyes into a world of possibilities.

In my opinion aqua regia should never be used for what you are using it with.

There are many processes & procedures that get you almost there (90-95+ pure). They are simpler & more straight forward than the “drop”....I.e. acid/peroxide. It would take care of your “copper” problem but should always be performed before Aqua regia. Aqua regia should be reserved to the end & not used @ the beginning.

You have processed so many different types of gold scrap as if one process can be used as a “catch-all” technique.

Take a deep breath & step back. You just received a lot of good advice....now what are you going to do with it?

Rachel

butcher said:
We only think we know something until we learn about it. Then we actually learn how much we do not know. It is when you know that you do not know, that you can truly begin to learn. ...

You cannot teach or help someone who knows it all (or believes that he does)! ...

I cannot help, if you do not want the help, or if you already know. ...

I know I do not know enough, so I will keep studying. ...

Butcher, For real?? Really!? (Lol) These statements are so true to my heart it’s creepy.

The more I learn, the more I do not know. The more I do not know, the more I need to learn. At some point the crevice of knowledge opens up & sucks you in.

It’s the bane of my existence & the irony of my life. I am addicted to it & it makes me crazy.

Like perpetual motion, knowing anything is a landslide of the unknown. It’s like looking through the looking-glass, it defies all known facts & opens worlds of thought.

I will never know enough. Not solely refining methods, but about photosynthesis or the semi-nuclear gravitational pull of the Universe, or how mushrooms can be animalistic & predatory in character, yet retain biological paternalistic evolutionary patterns of plants. Under microscope the intensities only increases. This is just to name a very, very small few of my questions.

What I don’t know haunts me & drives me to know more. When I realized I knew close to nothing in the expanse of knowledge it was so overwhelming.

It is like a window of opportunity. We can either chose the path of ignorance & bliss or opt the road less taken. It’s hard & rocky & rarely rewarding but at the very least it holds the truth.

The search for knowledge knows no time. If you have it you are cursed & yet freed but shackled all the same. An oxymoron by definition.

“There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there”

“I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right.”

“The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible.”

“Information is not knowledge.”

“No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.”

“Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.”

“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

“Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”

“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.”

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.”

All quotes were made by my idol: Albert Einstein

Rachel

Back