Refining of Gold from Mines

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic have jumbled

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 251
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 251
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 251
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 251
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 251
any addition to be done to the process pls let me know

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 250
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 250
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 250
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 250
You might want to check into the use of sulfamic acid instead of urea. It will do two things at one and urea will not do that. Eliminates the need for your use of sulfuric acid also.

Barren Realms 007 said:
You might want to check into the use of sulfamic acid instead of urea. It will do two things at one and urea will not do that. Eliminates the need for your use of sulfuric acid also.
We use sulfuric acid for lead precipitation and urea for neutralizing excess of acid
Correct me if I an wromg

I'm not sure of the commercial large scale application of what I'm going to suggest so someone may correct me.

Sulphamic Acid has the dual benefit of both neutralising excess Nitric whilst producing Sulphuric acid as a by product of the reaction. It can be a much more vigorous reaction than Urea so you would need to experiment carefully to ensure you get the volumes correct. I believe that information has been posted to the effect that 2.7g of Sulphamic acid can neutralise 1 cubic centimetre of 70 percent Nitric. Again this may require clarification.

It literally can kill two birds with one stone if you would pardon my expression. I use it and many other members do as well.

Edit for chemical reaction:

HNO3 + H3NSO3 → H2SO4 + N2O + H2O

The first two pictures in this post says "sodium Sulfate". Are you using sodium sulfate or sodium Sulfite?

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=22177&start=90#p258928

What is your recovery percentage of gold?
Why do you add the nitric acid before the hydrochloric?
Does the alloy begin to react when just the nitric is in contact with the material?

I assume you filter by pumping through spiral wound filter cartridges. With silver as low as 2% I assume they do not clog too quickly but I would think that a 20kg lot with almost 13 ounces of silver will produce enough silver chloride to fill a cartridge with AgCl. Do you leach the chlorides with ammonia or just incinerate the cartridges? Is any gold trapped in the chlorides?

The type of filtration you use does not lend itself to materials with high percentages of insolubles.

4metals said:
What is your recovery percentage of gold?
RECOVERY OF GOLD % IS 999
Why do you add the nitric acid before the hydrochloric?

Most of them add Hcl and then drop Nitric,but what we do is the opposit,we add the full Nitric acid and then drop Hcl

Does the alloy begin to react when just the nitric is in contact with the material?

No there is no reaction only with Nitric acid

I assume you filter by pumping through spiral wound filter cartridges. With silver as low as 2% I assume they do not clog too quickly but I would think that a 20kg lot with almost 13 ounces of silver will produce enough silver chloride to fill a cartridge with AgCl. Do you leach the chlorides with ammonia or just incinerate the cartridges? Is any gold trapped in the chlorides?

We only suck the gold chloride solution from the top,silver chloride is settled down in the dissolution tank then we drain out the silver chloride and filter it manually

The type of filtration you use does not lend itself to materials with high percentages of insolubles.
Will post you pic of silver chloride

pic of silver chloride filteration

Attachments

• 13.75.jpg
    13.75.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20160914_103736.jpg
    IMG_20160914_103736.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20160916_091046.jpg
    IMG_20160916_091046.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20160916_091114.jpg
    IMG_20160916_091114.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 179
From what I have found about the first OP, her refinery was sold out to someone else. They were not able to proceed ahead. Not sure about the second OP.

I believe that employee theft was eating into her profits, the best equipment and procedures in the world can't help you if you don't have the controls in place to thwart dishonesty.

Back