sim cards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is along the lines of Claudie, but I'll say .26g, going off of a milligram per SIM, which is what I always heard.

So, what's the result?

Well, I guess the yield will never be revealed by hfywc lol

Got to find it out by myself then :lol:

the Ebay listing description says that out of 2.5 pounds of sim cards there should be 1125 grams of gold recovered or 36 troy ounces. thats more weight than the total weight of the sim cards. :roll: :lol: :lol:

I had to read it twice after reading your post, but the seller doesn't claim they should yield that much Gold, he is claiming that the total weight of the material is 36 Troy Ounces. :|
Funny how words can confuse people, my brain is still tangled a little....

Ouch. http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-000-Sim-Card-Electronic-Scrap-Gold-Recovery-36-Troy-Ounces-/160763104625?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256e3a4d71#ht_500wt_1182

If there are really 12,000 units in that lot, it might not be a bad deal.

the weight of the bb for this particular sim cards is..... 0.2g on my small digital scale. the one on the photo has already been remelted. meaning i was able to weigh it first without the borax.

there are different kinds of sim cards. so the yield will definitely vary depending which type you are processing. i attached a photo for your reference.

thanks everyone for your patience!

Attachments

• IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 534
It looks like .8-1.3g so far per Lb.

It would be nice if they were all 1mg. I hope that's true and the PDF. I have is from some slacker.
From the looks of the diffrent sizes I dout they will all have the same Ammount .

samuel-a said:
Ouch. http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-000-Sim-Card-Electronic-Scrap-Gold-Recovery-36-Troy-Ounces-/160763104625?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256e3a4d71#ht_500wt_1182

If there are really 12,000 units in that lot, it might not be a bad deal.

Not bad from an investment standpoint but you would only make around $50 or more if you get lucky... Your would get 12 o's of gold at around $707ish so u would make $70 as of today if their 1mg per card.

Back