• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Solid copper bus bars

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Topher_osAUrus said:
Oooo fancy! Didnt think of that (obviously).

Never a problem Toph. If you use that batch you processed for Scott as an example- you may have done this but if you didn't then do it next time. Process each of the different types of fuzz connectors separately and work out the yield per type of unit. Keep that data and next time you're offered them you know exactly what to pay. If it's a toll refine you can use that data to make sure your client is paid out swiftly and the product can be refined as you have time. You've only got to look at how pleased a client Eaglewings was when he was paid out swiftly- it works wonders for repeat business. :D

Oh and "yes" to your other point. Keep a stock of gold and silver to pay people if that's how they want paying. Again it makes the transaction fast and smooth and then they come back for more. It's a win/win.

Jon

g_axelsson said:
Well, if you only massage the silver I don't think a day is extremely fast. :lol:

Göran
HAHA, you gotta love auto correct, if you dont catch what it does for you, you will end up as I have... massaging a bunch of silver.

Topher_osAUrus said:
:lol: :lol:

For real though, how could that be possible?

Unless they assay and pay out of their stock silver or straight cash.
And if that be the case, how correct (honest) might their assay be?
This company has a great reputation in the Dallas area. They have been around for 30+ years.
My brother has used them in the past, and had a good positive result.
As far as if they are honest.... well I know how much I am sending them, and I know it is pretty pure, other than the protein gelatine. This is 100% from green industrial xray film, using a New batch of sodium thiosulfate, and using nails to convert it all to silver metal, and then of course, doing some heated rinses in HCl to get rid of any remaining iron from the nails.
So, all in all, there shouldnt be much discrepancy in weight or purity.

Thats good to hear.

Hopefully they take great care of you.
Very sorry to hear of your trouble with that member... All it takes is one bad egg to make all the rest viewed as the same.

I got paid for my silver from the refinery, and they showed all the numbers.
How much I sent in, they showed how much was bromine, and other metals, which was
a very little iron (I probably didn't get all the iron out in the wash) they showed how much was ESTIMATED to be lost in the melt.
From what I see they are spot on. They overnighted my check to, all I had to do is ask.
Oh, by the way, they pay 90% of spot. You can call them, and as long as you assure them that you have sent your stuff to them, you can lock in at the current price. I did this because silver goes way up and way down. I had watched the prices, and was seeing a trend that showed it was fixing to go down, so I locked in at $17. And sure enough, silver went down to about $15. Then of course it went back up to above $17. I lost about .22 cents per oz. I don't think that is too terribly bad.

Very good transaction. This is ARA Refining in Dallas
I will definitely be using them for gold and silver.

Thats good to hear!

I was wondering what became of you and your silver you sent out.

After the first day passed, it made me wonder if they were giving your silver the full week long spa treatment, instead of just the massage. :wink:

Topher_osAUrus said:
Thats good to hear!

I was wondering what became of you and your silver you sent out.

After the first day passed, it made me wonder if they were giving your silver the full week long spa treatment, instead of just the massage. :wink:
HAHA, that's a good laugh !!! But, no I sent off the silver to the refinery and before it got there, their induction furnace broke down. They then we're told by the company that was fixing it that it would be fixed Friday. Well that didn't happen either. Finally they decided to do the melt in their large gas furnace. They sent my check FedEx, and I had it the next morning.

Back