• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

tantalum capacitors

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
etack said:
They are the caps that start with (T110), (T150), (CS), (CL), (M39003), (M39006).

thank you, other then the ones i am 100% sure about i will also look for these part numbers.

i handle approximately 600 KG of dismantled circuitry everyday. looking for part numbers is sometimes tough.
but for extra income i will wear my glasses all day LOL

Dave C.

All this Tantalum Capacitor talk, but I wonder has anyone actually look into Tantalum Resistors. I understand that the capacitors contain a higher quantity of Tantalum but from what I have read tantalum film resistors consist of layers of pure tantalum atoms and tantalum oxides. Just curious as I know it really isn't something for the home refiner.

Thank you all for the great close up photos of your Tantalum. I've sorted out the junk. I now have 139.9 grams of tantalum. Eric, should I wait until I have collected pounds to contact you or are you interested in small amounts such as mine? Also, if you see anything obviously not right please say so. I'm doing my best to study and learn. Thank you

Attachments

• photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 267
  • photo 1 (3).JPG
    photo 1 (3).JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 267
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    301 KB · Views: 267
  • photo 2 (3).JPG
    photo 2 (3).JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 267
  • photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 267
Jay, I've been pulling the yellow ones at the ends of the IC's as palladium. And all the tear drop ones as Ta's.
Please, some one correct me if I'm wrong! :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Phil

philddreamer said:
Jay, I've been pulling the yellow ones at the ends of the IC's as palladium. And all the tear drop ones as Ta's.

Thanks!

Phil

Phil you are correct the only one I see as a Ta cap is in the bottom left corner with the ring around it. The other yellow ones are a axial MLCCs

Eric

philddreamer said:
How about the two at the upper right corner in circles labeled C104 and C106?
Yes... those are the ones I refer as "tear drop". :mrgreen:

They come in different colors, though the same general shape, like in some of the pic's that AUjack posted.

Phil
yes thanks I didn't see them with my phone. 104 & 106 are Ta caps too.

Eric

philddreamer said:

Thanks!

Phil

Woah Phil tell me more please - which ones are Palladium?

Jon

Jon, I'll be posting some pic's a bit later. I've come across some and they too come in different color and packages. One way that can help identify them is that they are next to the IC's, like the ones in AUjack's pic's.

Thanks Phil

I'll be looking forwards to the pics because I've been missing a trick here and I'm more than willing to learn.

It would be awful to think that I (or anyone else) was sending off "tantalum" when in fact it was Palladium.

Latest posts

Back