• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Trade Mint Fresh 999 1 oz rounds for your scrap silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to add that I recently completed a deal with Jay, and would not hesitate to work with him again. It wasn't the same scrap-for-rounds trade as described in this thread, but I did receive some of the rounds and they're great. Thanks Jay.

- Matt H.

I have 10 bars totalling 5 troy ounces of silver that i cemented out of silver nitrate with copper. I would assume the quality is 99%+ but i dont know for sure. I would like to trade for one of those 5 ounce bars i seen on the website. Do you have any of those? I can add an additional amount of scrap sterling to make up for any shortfall.

I have 2 melted 813 silver bars total of about 170g how much will you give for that?

I weighted them again and was accualy 192 grams so thats 4 ounce .999 then.
:mrgreen:

Thanks again scrapman....returned from vacation to find my brand new 5 ounce bars.....you have another satisfied customer....

OK, let me figure out something.

I have a box of JFK 40% = $500 face = $2336.72 in 999 fine AG
and 1 coin weighs 11.5 gr
so 1000 coins = 11,500 gr
you want 95.6gr in trade for 1 silver round
so I would get 120.29 1 ounce rounds
is this correct so far?

but those 120.29 ounces = $1902.98 in 999
that is a loss of $433.74

did I do the math right?
is the difference the cost of refining, that = $3.60 per coin

cyberdan said:
OK, let me figure out something.

I have a box of JFK 40% = $500 face = $2336.72 in 999 fine AG
and 1 coin weighs 11.5 gr
so 1000 coins = 11,500 gr
you want 95.6gr in trade for 1 silver round
so I would get 120.29 1 ounce rounds
is this correct so far?

but those 120.29 ounces = $1902.98 in 999
that is a loss of $433.74

did I do the math right?
is the difference the cost of refining, that = $3.60 per coin

Yep, that's about right. $2.40 is price above spot for the rounds. The $1.20 is, my guess, profit for the for the person middling the transaction.

Cyber,

In the quantity you are buying,or the amount of scrap you are selling, that isn't such a bad deal.

First off you have under 150 ounces in fine silver, which has to be refined to get the fine out. The coins are only 40% silver so the refining rate is a bit higher because silver under 80% doesn't go directly into a silver cell. I would guess you'll get a rate somewhere around 95% accountability. And possibly a melt and assay fee or a minimum. So that probably only leaves 2 bucks for each round.

I have clients who buy in bulk from Golden State Mint and they get it for $.50 a coin BUT sit on them until a client needs them. https://www.goldenstatemint.com/ But they buy a lot of coins to get that price.

I seem to remember that you deal with NTR. They are a part of the Elemental umbrella of companies http://www.elemetal.com/ and part of them is Ohio Precious Metals, who have a large silver refining capacity. They also have coining capabilities. Why don't you check them out and let us know their rate for what you have.

Actually, it's fairly easy to get a better deal. The sell price on those coins is $4.40 (within a .01 or so) with Provident Metals.

http://www.providentmetals.com/1-face-value-40-silver-us-kennedy-half-dollars-1965-1970.html

Then use your $2200 credit to get their rounds or take the check and buy rounds from your cheapest provider. At Provident, you can get 132 rounds for that $2200. I'm sure you can find better prices, but that is pretty good, only .69 over spot.

90% accountability on the 40%, $1.09 per round over spot. I do make about $1 a piece after all the shipping costs come out.
You can find a better deal if you have a larger qty.
Most of the trades I do are for 20 or less rounds, the average Joe can't go to the refinery with the small lots so I am providing a service for them.

Back