• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Trade Trade Mint Fresh 999 1 oz rounds for your scrap silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scrapman1077 said:
90% accountability on the 40%, $1.09 per round over spot. I do make about $1 a piece after all the shipping costs come out.
You can find a better deal if you have a larger qty.
Most of the trades I do are for 20 or less rounds, the average Joe can't go to the refinery with the small lots so I am providing a service for them.

No one works for free so why should you, in honesty your margins are fair so if others can find a better deal carry on but don't come back whining when they get ripped off!
It's not my continent to compete so all I can say is I have heard no bad feedback so I'll keep recommending you to all the US based members 8)

Jays got a good deal going. He honest, fair, and i have dealt with him in the past. True he could go buy those coins cheaper if he were to use outright cash. The contents of his coins are not considered exchangeable because they are not at a standard of hard currency yet or .999. To do that cost money. Once you get to the refined state then you have a whole nother state of handling which is extruding or punching of the blanks and then the striking of the coin. From point a to point b can be a long and costly journey. I run what i call a virtual refinery for my clients. I don't do batch jobs i do continuous process jobs made up of batches. Rolling batches i guess would describe it. It's to hard to give accountability for single lots the way i run. Always something hung up in process and without analytics i can't run that way. The way it's designed is the client pays for the cost of me designating him floor space, he pays for the cell set up such as transforms, crucibles, and stuff. In that floor space is his on silver cell and the area where i store his materials separate such as residues, filters and such. At the end of our business venture it is the understanding that i will keep all the equipment. The fees for running the clients silver are 10% for sterling, 12% for 56% brazings, 15% for 40% coins, and anything less than that and the cost start to climb at 25% + . In all of this i have to foot electricity, waste disposal, acid, filters, time, gas for the furnace, rent, license, insurance, and hopefully at the end a little profit! I return all silver in crystal form. I do not and will not melt the finished product! Believe it or not the majority of my clients are investment grade clients who just love the way i turn their cheap bought trash into liquid money! They don't want to sell it, they want to keep it. Raw crystals can be broken into almost any size denominations and the form their in speaks pretty much to their purity without an assay certificate or a proof stamp. To melt crystals into a bar is sacrilegious to me!

Just received my .999 silver today what an easy pleasant transaction. I will be getting another load ready to trade soon. I have always wanted a set up like this trading my silver scrap for .999 Ag rounds. Perfect.

Thank You!!!

I have been very happy with my transactions with scrapman1077. A great person to deal with. When silver was at $35 an ounce, it was a bargin.

Thanks scrapman1077.

4metals said:
I seem to remember that you deal with NTR. They are a part of the Elemental umbrella of companies http://www.elemetal.com/ and part of them is Ohio Precious Metals, who have a large silver refining capacity. They also have coining capabilities. Why don't you check them out and let us know their rate for what you have.
I haven't in quite some time. They closed up shop near me so I am just sitting on the AU right now. I used to deal with ARA in Dallas, real nice company. Might send some metal to TX pretty soon.

Just did a great trade with Jay. Got 23.25 Morgan and Standing liberty proof rounds for my old junk silver. I figure it came out to $2.95 each over spot. Golden state mint is $2.00 over spot if you pay in cash. But, you have to have cash first.

Jay took my 40% IKE dollars, 40% JFK halves, war nicks, 80% AG, 925% AG, almost a pound of old mixed foreign coins and silver dollar size iffy AG tokens (they were .999) and refined them. That saved me 10% in fees from ARA or NTR, so I came out ahead on this deal. Thanks Jay. I will be back. 8)

I have seen your post's for a number of years.
Would you do a video of your kit?
I would love to see how a proper press is operated.
Also, can you tool your own die's ,I have wanted a custom die of my own so I can do some novelties for freinds but have not found a good engraver .
Regards
Justin

Justin, I think you have misunderstood, I do not make the rounds, they are produced by Golden State Mint. I send them pure silver and they send me rounds.

Jay

Back