Virtual gold rush

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snoman701 said:
teach her to independently solve problems, think outside the box, accept failure and communicate effectively while maintaining a sense of humanity and she'll be ok.

It is not mine, I think I actually read it on 4chan of all places, but in my mind one of best advices on investment is very similar:

Invest in yourself, in your personal growth, go to a gym, learn a skill, a trade, expand your knowledge, educate yourself, it is the one and only safe investmet that will never lose any value an that no one can take away from you...

-Artūrs

niks neims said:
And it is all happening with BTC over again, by now Bitcoin is in the same place as "the Banks", eaven worse...

-Artūrs

No it's not. Cryptocurrencies are your chance to break the mold until they are all owned by banks. You either grasp the nettle or you're a bank slave forever.

Jon

Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

c`mon, sing along!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

but seriously, how does BTC breaks the mold? All I really see money circulation vise is that it can cut in to the rather high money transfer fees of banking... but hey, come to think about it, that is how current media darling Elon got his start also :)

But still, I mean, it is no communist manifest :) keep in mind that capitalism has a bad habit of hooking idealistic people on shiny slogans and anti-capitalism sentiment (how ironic....)... Take it from me, I am die-hard capitalist, and I actually have used it in my work, also you probably see it all around you and we all laugh if it is presented in meme form, like MAGA hat made in China or Che shirt sold at wallmart :) And make no mistake - there is not and there can`t be nothing idealogical about BTC, it is all about making money... it is money...

anachronism said:
niks neims said:
And it is all happening with BTC over again, by now Bitcoin is in the same place as "the Banks", eaven worse...

-Artūrs

No it's not. Cryptocurrencies are your chance to break the mold until they are all owned by banks. You either grasp the nettle or you're a bank slave forever.

Jon

Cryptocurrencies in their origin, felt like an opportunity to work without someone manipulating the system for their own gain, but as they exist now, they seem just as manipulated as any other big bank currency.

Once you invest in something for the mere purpose of it increasing in value, without respect to reality, it's a ponzi scheme with different players. The fact that bitcoin went from the average joe buying stuff (seemingly anonymously) online, to the traditional banker type buying just to own is just further evidence therein.

A true de-centralized currency shouldn't require the use of regulated wallets to store the currency in.

Back