Where are all the pictures!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the disks where slip rings for HAWK radar systems. I had some sidewinder slip rings too and they were Au plate over silver. I think they had a Pd plating as a barrier as they tested (+) for Pd and it amounted to nothing.

Eric

Attachments

• small drive 370.JPG
    small drive 370.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,050
Very nice, I have never seen those before...

I still have some caps to send you, can you pm me your address & I will have them sent out next week.

Edit for missed word

If you know any wind turbine companies the are used in them. Large ones really large :shock: :shock: .
Will do on the address.

Eric

A little disappointing yield from just under 800 grams of mixed gold filled scrap. This button is 14.60 grams. This was just my second time working with gold filled. The first time I processed just 100 grams. I’m certainly learning that you need different tools and techniques just depending on batch size. With this batch I know in hindsight that I was trying to filter too much along the way instead of just pouring off solutions and letting them settle all together. So I had some gold held up in several different filter papers which I’m processing right now. I just did a first precipitation of that gold last night and it looks like I may have another gram or two there.

-Matt H

Attachments

• 20131221_220413_LLS-1.jpg
    20131221_220413_LLS-1.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 928
  • 20131221_215839_LLS-1.jpg
    20131221_215839_LLS-1.jpg
    698.3 KB · Views: 928
That is a perfect looking button you have there!! Love the color and pipe! I personally would have probably broke that down into 200 gram batches, added 35% HNO3 until base metals are gone. Then combined the four batches together for the AR run. Just my opinion

Tyler

Some of the newer people may feel a bit out classed by the buttons, I know I am, somewhat. But, since I haven't made a button yet, I will try to give them some encouragement. I have about twice that saved in another jar, just haven't made a picture of it yet.
Can't wait to be able to make this stuff into a button, but I still need (to) clean it up, and get something to melt it in.

Edit: corrected spelling

sharkhook said:
Some of the newer people may feel a bit out classed by the buttons, I know I am, somewhat. But, since I haven't made a button yet, I will try to give them some encouragement. I have about twice that saved in another jar, just haven't made a picture of it yet.
Can't wait to be able to make this stuff into a button, but I still need (to) clean it up, and get something to melt it in.
Looks to me like you have started where most members here started with their "first" ...
Granted my first button was a little larger than what you look to have, but I started with my wedding ring the day I filed for my divorce 8 years ago :lol:

sharkhook said:

Don't ever feel discouraged by someone else's buttons, it's just motivation to keep learning and reading. The more you learn and practice the better one will get, and soon you will be melting even bigger buttons/bars. I too am still a newbie and have been doing this for 5 months now. I just keep reading and learning and practicing and getting better each time. I don't let someone's bigger button discourage me, it actually motivates me to want a bigger one. Just keep at it and soon your buttons might be the envy of the forum.

Tyler

I am by no means discouraged, quite the opposite. The results I have had so far have been nothing but encouraging for me. With all the help from various members, all the great posts on the forum, and all the books linked with the forum, I am very encouraged to stay after it. Just takes a bit of study, and some effort.

i wish that there had been a resource as vast and as great as the GRF when i first began dabbling with electronic gold back in the early 90's. in the years that have followed, there has been a great many tons of material i have touched since then, i had no idea about refining whatsoever. ive recovered quite a bit but never refined until i came here. i was very proud of the little glass vials that my father had me put gold foils in. i had no idea that he was selling them at the prospectors meetings for $10 a vial until years later. at the time, gold was around $400 an ounce. a guess would be that i could fill a hundred vials with an ounce of foils.

be watching for a post from me in the bar and grill. i think its about time for a forum guessing contest. i will have the material which will be guessed upon. i will have the prizes for BOTH correct answers. it will be in a week or so (because i have to get the prizes melted). oops, did i say that last part out loud? :lol:

stay tuned.

Just melted this beauty from a 7# batch of 486's as part of a toll refine. 25.9 grams there's a little borax on it that I will clean off with a hot sulfuric wash.

Attachments

• 1389571137122.jpg
    1389571137122.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 325
I must say, Tyler has been totally transparent through the whole process. It has been a pleasure working with him.

Just wanted to show off this little piece I melted tonight. The picture doesn't do it justice, you can see yourself in the mirror like finish of the little bar. 21.67 grams

Attachments

• 20140203_201611.jpg
    20140203_201611.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 191
  • 20140203_231957.jpg
    20140203_231957.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 190
  • 20140203_231743.jpg
    20140203_231743.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 190

Latest posts

Back