• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EPROM's (chips with windows)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian_B

Hello everyone,

It's been a fairly long time since I last logged in here and I've pretty much moved on from the Gold refining scene because of the lack of sources for the starting material. but I thought that you guys might be able to help me because I know that computer scrap is one of the areas that almost everyone here has dabbled in.

I'm looking for a few Eproms the numbers on the top would be
M27C801-100 or -120, or 200 I'm only looking for the Eproms with the windows not the OTP's one time programable.
the m27c801's could also not have the M in the front so it would be 27C801

I'm also looking for 27C080 or 27C8001 and M27C322's

thanks for your time
it might be a few days before I check back so don't be discouraged if I don't respond right away.

Ian

Helo Ian; I have several thousand E-PROMS yes with the window on them . I will look and see what I have and get back with you... What is the manufacturer of these e-proms ? I have many AMD and NEC ... many are dated 1986..

I believe that ST made them aswell as possibly AMD they are a some what common chip I hear. some companies put a M in front of the actual chip number while others put a different starting letter(s) they are pretty much all the same as long as they have the 27C801, The 27c080 are the same as the 27c801's except made by a different company aswell as the 27c8001 just a different company but the same internal structure. they are 32 pin's also 1 mb 8 bit

the 27C322's are a 4 mb 16 bit chip with 42 pins

hi

these epproms are DIP type ic's, u can see from the windows of these components the attached(silver epoxied) die inside and wirebonded by aluminum, this is considered as low value scraps for me, thanks!

here is a data sheet with actual 27c801's on them on the first page it would be the top left chip FDIP32W (F)

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/SGSThomsonMicroelectronics/mXqxszy.pdf

here is an actual picture
http://www.meditronik.com.pl/doc/mini/27c801-100f1.jpg

I can also trade some of the remaining scrap computer gold peices I have for those Eproms.

I have some P3 fingers PCI fingers
Ribbon cable connectors
some ceramic CPU's
a few fiber CPU's
1 or 2 gold plated PCI boards stripped of every component.
small container of jumpers from the motherboards etc.

Latest posts

Back