1st run

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I'm going to place vented lids on everything I have &, set them in my shed for next weekend. That was my first thought after hearing that I'm dissolving more than just gold. At this point, if you were in the position that I've put myself in (with the gold not the legal) how would you go about fixing this mess? What I've been thinking about doing is just that "thinking" I'm posting here to get some feedback from people who know this process better than what I do. If I come off like a 15 year old kid strung out on cocaine I'm sorry it's not intentional.

Well, for starters, search the forum for "Stannous Chloride". Make some of that to test your solutions with. It is good to know where the Gold is.
There is no respirator, that I am aware of, that will filter Nitric acid, I would suggest leaving that sealed for now.
Don't add anything else to the solutions you already have. A small mess is easier to clean up then a big one.

Are those quart size jars in your picture? Other than the cup of distilled water that you mixed the SMB with, have you added any water?

Eaheisler said:
OK, I'm going to place vented lids on everything I have &, set them in my shed for next weekend. That was my first thought after hearing that I'm dissolving more than just gold. At this point, if you were in the position that I've put myself in (with the gold not the legal) how would you go about fixing this mess? What I've been thinking about doing is just that "thinking" I'm posting here to get some feedback from people who know this process better than what I do. If I come off like a 15 year old kid strung out on cocaine I'm sorry it's not intentional.
Big Sgt.,

I've been with you since your first post. I gave you some links in my response to that post that would have answered your questions if you had followed them.

Don't put everything away till next weekend. Put it away until you know what to do with it.

If I were in your position, I would do exactly what I've told you to do. Follow every link I gave you. Read it all until you understand it all. When you do, you'll be able to fix your mess. This is not something you will learn quickly.

Just to help you get back to the beginning, here is a link back to your first post: I need help. Mine is the first response.

Dave

Hi,you should really listen to the experts,they are trying to help.
I too started like a bull in a china shop,after all if they could do it then so can I.
ya I was so wrong.1000ml turned into 2000ml then 3000ml.thats when i said maby these guys with years of experience may have a point'
6 months later i have learned enough to know,i can not do this yet.
THE gold is in the acid,it WILL WAIT FOR YOU.it will stay there for many years.please listen to these guys,they know what they are talking about.
good luck
john

Eaheisler, I have a question for you? Are you doing this on a military base? I really hope not. Your adventure to get gold will be the least of your problems if TOP finds out. If I were you I would listen very carefully to these guys. Also if you do have this on base I would get rid of it ASAP an AR-13 can be costly.

Ken

edited; btw, HCL/CL puts of Chlorine Gas, poking holes in the lids, leaving them in an enclosed room is not a good ideal.

No I'm off base off the grid up in the mountains. Top is none the wiser besides I'm in a WTU for PTSD and something called "bi-lateral multi directional shoulder instability" where my shoulders fall out of their sockets if I try to lift anything over 5lbs or so. The only thing I do on base is tear apart watch bands & research the history of insurgencies from as far back as the chines' revolts up to today. I'm contemplating writing a book on the subject because, I've lived this fight for 5 years of my life and, prepared to fight this fight for another 5. The more I learn the more upset I get that this information isn't reaching our junior leaders. The 20 year old Cpl doesn't understand that dragging the village elder down main street in flex cuffs after doing some "tactical questioning" to his face is going to create more insurgents than he could ever hope to root out.

Edit... I would hardly consider this remnants of what once was a shed could a ventilation danger.

Eaheisler said:
No I'm off base off the grid up in the mountains. Top is none the wiser besides I'm in a WTU for PTSD and something called "bi-lateral multi directional shoulder instability" where my shoulders fall out of their sockets if I try to lift anything over 5lbs or so. The only thing I do on base is tear apart watch bands & research the history of insurgencies from as far back as the chines' revolts up to today. I'm contemplating writing a book on the subject because, I've lived this fight for 5 years of my life and, prepared to fight this fight for another 5. The more I learn the more upset I get that this information isn't reaching our junior leaders. The 20 year old Cpl doesn't understand that dragging the village elder down main street in flex cuffs after doing some "tactical questioning" to his face is going to create more insurgents than he could ever hope to root out.

Edit... I would hardly consider this remnants of what once was a shed could a ventilation danger.
Good to hear that you are not on base 8) I need not haft to tell you what would happen if you were and the CQ, logged it. Eaheisler hate to hear about your health problem, keep the faith son, it will get better.

By all means do your research hear and read hokes book and take care.

Ken

Just a closing thought for this weekend, I took a look at my big jar where I've been doing my mixes &, I took a glance at the bottom. It must be 1/3 covered with gold flakes. So much to the point that I don't think my washes have more than a gram at best. When you add in the fact that I didn't hurt anyone or myself &, I learned a ton about the process even more about how much I don't know... I am going to call it a small win.

Follow this link: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1057&p=8845&hilit=+Stannous+Chloride+recipie#p8845
Make some Stannous Chloride and test the remaining solution. It is nice to see Gold, but even better to know that you got it all.

Latest posts

Back