30% hydrogen peroxide use

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caracosida

Hello,

I've got a cheap source of 30% (110 vol.) H2O2, and I think I could try an small batch of a single 486 DX2 gold coloured plated lid, just for testing and see if I can get the 0.1-0.15 gram of gold out it.

My plan would be like dissolve the tungsten alloy in 30% H2O2. Then filter it, wash it with tap water, and do a 20% HCl and 30% H2O2 in a 2:1 ratio, in order to dissolve the rest of the metals. I expect a very violent reaction, so I'll do it in a big flask packed in ice.

What whould I expect to have then dissolved inside this mix? The copper, tin, the rest of the metals and the gold? How could I precipitate the gold here, using SMB? And, the gold I could get will be very dirty, so it will need a refinning process, using HCl/Clorox or AR.

Does anyone had previos experience with this strong H2O2 process?

I am not sure if the peroxide alone would dissolve tungsten.

I have attacked it with HCl and concentrated hydrogen peroxide, but here you will also dissolve gold.

Personally if I had tungsten with gold plate, I would try and dissolve gold and not the tungsten with is hard to attack.

Latest posts

Back