486 CPU yields

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 77 of them and will be tackling this week

I have read treads that had links to charts breaking down yields per cpu type: unfortunately, I am unable to find it this time

Any suggestions or recalls??

Like barren said,there are MANY different kinds.There are no less than 10 different makers,and they can utilize no gold lids,1 gold lid,or 2 gold lids,and all of those gold lids can come in different sizes on the 486.
If you have 77 of them,you will be happy with the results.You should have no problem getting them done in one night with poormans AR,or in a day or two using AP.

Mic

Your right, it takes a single evening to properly dissolve using the minimalist method of nitric addition.

I need to do my homework for I had no idea there were so many Mgs. of the 486 chip.

That having been said, the real reason for my question was that I have another opportunity to get my hands on others. So, obviously, my question must be more specific to Mfg: understood!

Attached is a little eye candy of this last month's fun-----AND: ALL THE CREDITS GO TO THIS SITE AND IT'S MEMBERS. Thanks guys---you made it happen for me.

Brooks

Attachments

• DSCN0164.JPG
    DSCN0164.JPG
    263.9 KB
  • DSCN0109.JPG
    DSCN0109.JPG
    2.7 MB
the real reason for my question was that I have another opportunity to get my hands on others.
Ok In that case,I would try to get them for $5 ea. or less.Obviously the lower you can purchase them for,the higher the profit margin.
I usually pay a flat $20 a pound for all ceramic cpu's unless someone wants to haggle with me.
If you are getting the 486's with gold caps on both sides,you've got something REALLY good there.Don't forget to save your ceramic for crushing later.Trust me 486's are something I know a lot about.
Here's some eye candy back at ya.The second pic is just 486 boards.

Attachments

• 000_1431.jpg
    000_1431.jpg
    171.1 KB
  • DSCI1097.JPG
    DSCI1097.JPG
    2 MB
  • DSCI1098.JPG
    DSCI1098.JPG
    2 MB
  • DSCI1099.JPG
    DSCI1099.JPG