96 Tin / 4 Silver Rosin Flux Core

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just rolled down the card board really. It seems to have an outer layer that is dark gray. When I went to try it a second time I split the bubble and out oozed a good sized blop of really shiny metal. Assuming that the inside would have been the tin? Since I already made a batch of stannous using this solder mix, which I had to filter because of a similar looking gray matter collecting in small particles, do you think this stannous would be good or is there a specific reason the flux would mess it up. I am just finishing AP as my first experiment on some fingers and connector pins (it is not even eating at the pins) so I don't believe that I have gold in a solution? The stannous test is negative but now I am starting to wonder. Good thing I saved a decant I did on some poorly ground IC chips. Thanks for any input.

Silver is likely preventing dissolving in HCL. And should be the cause of your residue. Try to find tin antimony solder.

Don't ask me if it's good, stannous needs to be tested with a known gold solution. You can't make smart choices until your stannous is proved to be working.

Latest posts

Back