A little. 'about me' for y'all.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alibaby1417

Hey y'all I go by Ali and I am here to try to learn as much as I can about this whole E-scrap business. My husband has been scrapping metal for about the last 20 years and about 5 or 6 years ago we realized that we could send all of our computer boards from the TVs out to refinery and get paid more than a scrap price that we will get at the local scrap yard. Ever since then he has been saving every computer chip board anything like that and bins and barrels and buckets in our backyard. The amount of e-scrap that we have collected is completely overwhelming to me and I need help figuring out what to do with all of this I don't know what's worth what I don't know how to separate them for board sort don't even know where to begin trying to refine it ourselves I'm really just hoping that I can find somebody out there that can help me figure all this out. I hope to hear back from some of y'all. Thanks

Hey y'all I go by Ali and I am here to try to learn as much as I can about this whole E-scrap business. My husband has been scrapping metal for about the last 20 years and about 5 or 6 years ago we realized that we could send all of our computer boards from the TVs out to refinery and get paid more than a scrap price that we will get at the local scrap yard. Ever since then he has been saving every computer chip board anything like that and bins and barrels and buckets in our backyard. The amount of each crap that we have collected is completely overwhelming to me and I need help figuring out what to do with all of this I don't know what's worth what I don't know how to separate them for board sort don't even know where to begin trying to refine it ourselves I'm really just hoping that I can find somebody out there that can help me figure all this out. I hope to hear back from some of y'all. Thanks

II guess I didn't really tell y'all anything about me. I'm almost 40 years old we live in South Carolina on the coast and yeah we scrap metal for a living. No kids. 2 dogs. that's pretty much it I guess.

II guess I didn't really tell y'all anything about me. I'm almost 40 years old we live in South Carolina on the coast and yeah we scrap metal for a living. No kids. 2 dogs. that's pretty much it I guess.
Welcome to us.
Please drop the slang, we have international users and y'all and similar do not translate well.

There are companies buying boards like that.
Do you have some over all figure of what you have?
One example of many are Boardsorts. Try searching on the net to see if you find others.

Welcome to us.
Please drop the slang, we have international users and y'all and similar do not translate well.

There are companies buying boards like that.
Do you have some over all figure of what you have?
One example of many are Boardsorts. Try searching on the net to see if you find others.
I do apologize for the use of "y'all". For us, it isn't slang.

If you have accumulated enough e-scrap you likely have enough to cherry pick the better materials and process that at home with methods commonly learned here on the forum. Members here can advise what is the best material to cherry pick. That way you can get top dollar for the "low hanging fruit" you can process yourself.
I was doing the speak to text thing. Apologies. Again. Maybe this isn't the place for me. Y'all have a great evening.
Try not to be too quick to judge, I come from NY and always said you'se guys but I stuck around and it worked for me!

Latest posts

Back