Hello everyone, I'm Ricardo Bueno, a small-scale miner from Colombia, South America.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardo Bueno

Hello everyone,

I'm Ricardo Bueno, a small-scale miner from Colombia, South America. With years of experience in the mining industry, I'm eager to expand my knowledge and network. I've joined this forum to tap into your collective expertise, learn from your successes and challenges, and explore potential opportunities.

I'm passionate about optimizing my operations and staying up-to-date on industry best practices. Your guidance and insights will be invaluable in helping me take my endeavors to the next level.

Thank you in advance for your willingness to share your expertise. I look forward to engaging with this community, learning from each other, and potentially collaborating on exciting projects.

Best regards,
Ricardo Bueno

Welcome to the forum, is your experience with placer gold or hard rock mining? What you do currently as well as what you would like to expand into will generate some interesting and informative conversation for all.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I have a background in alluvial deposit mining, specifically in gold extraction and commercialization. Recently, I discovered significant amounts of Platinum Group Metals (PGMs) in black sand deposits, which sparked my interest in exploring opportunities in this sector.
Currently, I'm seeking expertise and guidance on efficiently separating and processing PGMs from these deposits. My experience lies in mechanical separation methods, but I lack knowledge in chemical and pyrometallurgical processes.
I joined this forum to tap into the collective expertise and experience of its members, hoping to gain valuable insights and advice on:
*. Effective separation methods for PGMs in black sand deposits
*. Suitable processing techniques for PGM ore
*. Potential partnerships or collaborations for developing these opportunities
I look forward to engaging in informative discussions and learning from the community.

One important thing to keep in mind ALWAYS with PGMs is that their salts are HIGHLY toxic. Any wet chemical methods need to done with proper safety clothing and respiration.

Smelting with a collector metal such as copper is probably the best first step since the black sands contain so much base metal oxide. It's also a good way to get an idea of the average PGM content of the sands, because the copper dore can be assayed easily with high accuracy, then you can do the calculation of PGMs per ton based on how much black sand you put into the smelt.

Welcome to the forum
I hope You can enjoying Your stay
and Here are lot of peoples with lot of experience in many fields.

PGMs in black sand deposit
sound very interesting.

can You explain with more details how
You get the conclusion
that You have enough PGMs values in Your black sand.
that can be worth the effort to extract?.
Did You do an assay ??

I remember that I read a post of Butcher
that He posted back in 2014.

Like He had said about PGMs in Black sand.
“ high value PGM content, which is very rare, and would not be concentrated naturally.”

I have been work with black sand for long time
i never found enough PGMs values for the high amount of work that it have to invested.

but every situation is different.
I will like to hear more details
about your operations and the black sand
You are working with.

perhaps we can help you to get the best way to extract those values and we can learn from You .

Latest posts

Back