a romantic adea, is it possible?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2000morningstar

I'm not a goldsmith, I'm a regular guy who just had an idea and is seeking your help
I'm thinkng of giving my girlfriend a special necklace next Xmas, however, I want it to have some special element, a part of me , say>>>a drop of my blood!
here I said it , I know it may look extreme but it will have a special meaning in our relationship, the Question is: is it possible????
does anyone of you guys have any idea of how to add blood into/onto a gold piece??
can they be mixed?
or can blood be used for colouring my gift?
hopefully your chemical mind will have an answer
:oops: :oops:

Simple one word answer....No!
Your trying to mix organic material with metallic elements....
We try to be scientific on the forum and will gladly help where we can but perhaps you should re think your idea and maybe look to memorial jewellery popular in the past using hair encased in a locket or a similar idea.

I think Angeline Jolie used to have a necklace with a small glass vial that had Billy Bob Thornton's blood in it.

Fournines said:
I think Angeline Jolie used to have a necklace with a small glass vial that had Billy Bob Thornton's blood in it.
And we all know how well THAT worked out! :p

2000morningstar said:
I'm not a goldsmith, I'm a regular guy who just had an idea and is seeking your help
I'm thinkng of giving my girlfriend a special necklace next Xmas, however, I want it to have some special element, a part of me , say>>>a drop of my blood!
here I said it , I know it may look extreme but it will have a special meaning in our relationship, the Question is: is it possible????
does anyone of you guys have any idea of how to add blood into/onto a gold piece??
can they be mixed?
or can blood be used for colouring my gift?
hopefully your chemical mind will have an answer
:oops: :oops:

Why would you need jewelery to have a "special meaning" in your relationship?

The only way I see this is mixing your blood with clear epoxy.

But I wouldn't do it...

Now that does bring up a good question how about a ashes from a cremation. Several years ago my dad passed away and he was cremated. Originally I was going to paint a picture of the area of the river were we spread him out and add the ahses to the paint. But that was before I had children now that I have 2, boy and girl several years after his death, the thought of making a piece of jewelry say a cross for each with gold I refined and adding the ashes will it combine.

TXWolfie said:
Now that does bring up a good question how about a ashes from a cremation. Several years ago my dad passed away and he was cremated. Originally I was going to paint a picture of the area of the river were we spread him out and add the ahses to the paint. But that was before I had children now that I have 2, boy and girl several years after his death, the thought of making a piece of jewelry say a cross for each with gold I refined and adding the ashes will it combine.

See my reply to the first post....the only way to add the ashes is to make the cross with a hollow and put the ashes inside, a screw thread might be the best way to seal them in.

TXWolfie said:

There used to be a company, I think it was called LiveGem, or LifeGem, in Chicago that could make simulated diamonds from cremains- You could have a jewlery maker use your gold and new diamonds to make jewlery for them

morbid post yall,really.it wasnt uncommon to carry around peices of the deceased back in the middle ages,it was called relics.i cant understand why anyone would want to walk with a peice of "dear ol(insert name") around their neck.just my opinion.

Geo said:
morbid post yall,really.it wasnt uncommon to carry around peices of the deceased back in the middle ages,it was called relics.i cant understand why anyone would want to walk with a peice of "dear ol(insert name") around their neck.just my opinion.

I agree it's time time to put his thread to sleep..... I can't see any relevance to science or refining here!

nickvc said:
Geo said:

I agree it's time time to put his thread to sleep..... I can't see any relevance to science or refining here!
Agreed, and done!

Harold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back