Aaarrgghh...Land Locked Pirate in search of Gold..matey

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Avast you scaborous dogs...
Just kidding.
Hello ladies & gents..the name is Eddy...I've always loved pirate lore and the myth of buried treasure...but blast it...Im land locked .So I guess I'll just have to make do with prospecting the Hills of Arkansas and the yard sales of Tennessee... :eek: Until I can get to the Bahamas....Arrggh..choke. :lol:
anyway looking forward to learning a lot...thanx in advance...

The Pirate Ed

Try to find yourself a book about lost Civil War and robber gold. You'd be surprised at exactly how much was lost, stolen or burried. I can think of 3 famous ones in eastern Tn and western Va, and NC without even having to look things up.

There are supposedly more lost caches and robbery drops in the Ozark Mtns than any other single area of the US. After all, think of the raiders such as Jesse James who hid out some there. Not only that, but landowners who hid there gold and silver when the South lost. Most was not reclaimed.

point is, don't look to far from home when treasure hunting. Here is a good example. A good friend of mine was nuggett shooting at a creek in Reliant, Tn when he got this really strong signal. He found a 3lack box, sealed with lead, on the verge of being washed away by the river. He took it to a jeweler to have it opened, and guess what? It was a Confederate purcussion pistol in MINT condition. There are way fewer of these than Union pistols, so they are worth tremendously more.

Chuck

By the powers...I think your right mate..... :roll:

Never really thought bout it that way...arggh...sounds intrigin' :shock:
Thanx ya for that info, Land Lubber.
I'm going to start investigating. Ill let ya know what happens.
Pirate Ed :lol:

Hi Pirate Ed:

I'm in the Arkie hills too... I like to explore around and research the old lost treasure tales. I actually found the "Lost Silver Mine of Bear Hollow" in Madison County.

But my main fun is making coins. Here's one I thought you might enjoy...

[img:640:480]http://www.shirepost.com/pirateroberts02.jpg[/img]

[img:640:480]http://www.shirepost.com/pirateroberts05.jpg[/img]

[img:640:480]http://www.shirepost.com/pirateroberts06.jpg[/img]

If you've seen THE PRINCESS BRIDE then you can decipher the meaning of "TNP".

HArrrr harr!

about 2 miles north of memphis along the river are bluffs with farm fields a guy i worked with was an avid relic hunter and well schooled. we took our kids up there hunting for arrowheads and such,he showed us lead balls imbedded in some of the larger trees,he also made a comment that has stuck with my kids to this day,while they were searching this plowed field for arrowheads he told them."every rock you see was brought here by someone" he said that the land was silt deposits and had no rocks naturally,my kids had to pick up EVERY rock they saw after that. we never went at it with metal detectors as this was a learning/fun trip for the kids.but i bet it would a hoot to try one up there.

Latest posts

Back