about platinum

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms32462

how long till i seee the" red color" come in a the cats iv had mine in the bath for 2-3 days still seeing yellow color ( acid bleach) can anybody help

It's hard to say without more details about temperature, amount of acid, amount of bleach.

My first guess is very low value material though, maybe an aftermarket cat?

its 50 at night 70 in the day about 1/2 gallon of acid and already about 1 cup of bleach

Try dipping a few times the cat every once in a while.
The cold temp' is good for maintaining good Cl levels in solution, but on the other hand slow things up.

Did you test with stannous ?

There maybe so many reasons... it's anyone's guess ...

Your cat could be an after market, the solution may not rected in full, soot is in massive amount, to low ppm to show up in sncl...

I can suggest you to add some heat for cuple of hours, and grab a sample, 100-200ml, filter and add zinc or aluminum to see if anything actually precipitate.

ms32462 said:
are all cats the same by fed regulation?

It doesn't really matter what the regulations are...
When new, Manufacturers will comply to regulation and maybe comply to higher (inner) standards.
But the important variable is how used the cat is... how the engine was treated etc'...

There is also the possibility you got a 'washed' cat. They are getting more common now days with the high pm prices. There is an entire list of cheats for cat sellers that can be found on cat buyers websites. Washed cats are typically still in the can when purchased, but have a red color to part of the can near the opening and on the comb. Beware of scammers selling washed cats.

Steve

Latest posts

Back