"acid chloride leach" Anyone know about this?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawnbroker Bob

From a quote regarding the leaching of PGM's. silver and gold:

"The tests were directed by Dr. David Dreisinger, a leading expert in the hydrometallurgical treatment of ores. The method used in the test was as follows: the indium together with the silver and gold are first leached from the rock by soaking the crushed rock in a solution of weak sulphuric acid and ordinary salt ("acid chloride leach"). This solution is then treated with an aluminum powder which causes the silver and indium to precipitate sequentially."

I found mention of this being used for ewaste recovery as well. The big plus is that no toxic fumes are released.

Link to the full article: http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/south-american-silver-corp-reports/story.aspx?guid={61997A2F-71B0-4B71-B5A8-6A1393A7B1DA}&dist=hppr

Has anyone here used this?

Pawnbroker Bob

While I've not lost any posts on this forum, I have on others.

It pays to copy and paste your work to a word processor, where it gets spell checked. Don't delete the file until you know it has been posted. That way when something goes wrong, you still have your hard work.

I can't think of much that is more annoying than to dedicate a fair amount of time to a post and lose it.

Harold

I have a IE extension I use called IEPro7. It does spell checking for me (it helps my terrible spelling when it comes to forums and other posting). As for forum posting, I have learned a long time ago to always select the entire message and copy to the clipboard, prior to clicking submit. Yes, it is "better" to do in a word processor (or even notepad), off line, but I find it more convenient to simply edit a quick reply, right in the forum's edit box.

Jim.

Latest posts

Back