Acid containers

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyWilliams

Supporting Member
Hi all, I'm looking to store my nitric and HCL in more friendly confines than those they were shipped in. My question is this, would a standard laundry detergent plastic dispenser suffice? I was thinking that a 150oz Tide dispenser could act as a carboy of sorts. Would there be any problem of that container standing up to the acids?

That's exactly what i use. I have been using the same ones for over a year now without any problems to speak of what so ever. The only thing i have noticed is the lid appears to be getting oxidized and it's starting to look weak as in brittle weak even though it doesn't feel so. The lid is made from a different type plastic.

Palladium said:
That's exactly what i use. I have been using the same ones for over a year now without any problems to speak of what so ever. The only thing i have noticed is the lid appears to be getting oxidized and it's starting to look weak as in brittle weak even though it doesn't feel so. The lid is made from a different type plastic.

Palladium,

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna use the one with the rubber dispenser, but I'll store it upright, just in case!! Thanks again, I appreciate it.

I'm not so sure about those kind with the little rubber or plastic spigot. I wouldn't trust it.

As an extra safety measure store them in a plastic storage tray and out of direct sunlight.

This is good information to know, I was cautious about putting any acids in plastic for fear that they would just melt through and end up a huge mess.

Latest posts

Back