After the SMB drop

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMMarine0311

After I dropped the gold with SMB my solution still has a yellowish tint to it. I tried to add more SMB to the solution I poured off so I didn't m as up the results I already have, and it has mixed and sat for half a day but no extra gold has dropped. Why would the solution stay that color rath r than fully change to clear to indicate all gold is out of solution?

Thanks for any input

Wow.....lol of course didn't think of that. Like I said before it was my first attempt. Gonna do that thanks. Now what if there is no more gold in solution, then why would the liquid have the yellowish tint to it?

Hi PMMarine0311 and welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of different ions that can color a solution yellow, for example iron.
Another reason could be a weak palladium solution, easily detectable by stannous testing.

More details is always good, you haven't told us yet what your starting material was, the amount, how you dissolved your gold... and so on. The more details the better answers you will get.

Göran

Latest posts

Back