Does copper only knock out gold or does it also knock out silver?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I will want to sell it, but not yet, but when there are more. Can it be calcined together with the filter paper? I remember that the book says not to calcine together with the filter paper.
I rechecked the book now and it says that you should not burn the paper, no explanation on why, but remember she was writing for jewelers and they try to avoid brittle metal at all cost.

I rechecked the book now and it says that you should not burn the paper, no explanation on why, but remember she was writing for jewelers and they try to avoid brittle metal at all cost.

I understand and thanks again for your help!

Is this pewter block worth dealing with? 16.5 kg. I took it out of this machine, the machine no longer works. I think this machine burned the parts off printed circuit boards.

Attachments

• IMG_20241004_174551.jpg
    IMG_20241004_174551.jpg
    2.9 MB
  • IMG_20241004_174548.jpg
    IMG_20241004_174548.jpg
    3.1 MB
  • IMG_20241002_112220.jpg
    IMG_20241002_112220.jpg
    2 MB
  • IMG_20241002_112204.jpg
    IMG_20241002_112204.jpg
    2.2 MB
It is hard to speculate about what may or may not be in this block you showed in the photo. It is also difficult to see what the machine it came from actually did, and how it did it. If the parts were dipped in a pool of molten metal and that is what the block is comprised of, drill a few small holes and try to dissolve the metal sample in half nitric half distilled water. Residue from this will contain any gold if it was there to begin with.

It is hard to speculate about what may or may not be in this block you showed in the photo. It is also difficult to see what the machine it came from actually did, and how it did it. If the parts were dipped in a pool of molten metal and that is what the block is comprised of, drill a few small holes and try to dissolve the metal sample in half nitric half distilled water. Residue from this will contain any gold if it was there to begin with.
Thank you for your answer! I will try the method!

Latest posts

Back